Own and lead the Technical relationship with OEMs for handset development
Lead products through the development cycle balancing technical tradeoffs with time to market
Coordinate cross-project dependencies to deliver cohesive product and service offerings
Manage conformance and prioritize HW and SW bugs with OEMs
Manage overall program schedule and drive cross-functional teams on delivery
Ensures OEMs meet milestones and mitigates risk based on deep understanding of technical implications of decisions and wide basis of knowledge.
Influence business owners across organizations on recommendations.
Build and deploy new processes for product and service delivery within Product Management.
Identify flaws in a product or service that may cause customer dissatisfaction, and design/provide solutions around correcting those flaws.
Minimum Required Skills / Competencies:
Excellent knowledge of telecommunications industry, including experience with handset manufactures, mobile operators, infrastructure provider, or chipset suppliers
Thorough understanding of wireless technologies, system architecture, protocols and standards; specifically GSM, GPRS, UMTS, LTE, or CDMA protocol
Understanding of certification processes such as PTCRB or GCF and ability to work with testing companies such as Cetecom, 7Layers, Metrico, etc.
Understanding of RF and radiated performance
Knowledge of software development processes
Strong written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
Strong organizational and time management skills as well as attention to detail
Ability to multitask across products and OEMs
- MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, AutoCAD Lt.)
- Expert understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
- Expert understanding of infrastructure and software development project lifecycles
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegate
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing set of complex projects
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering large complex infrastructure and software development projects, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change
- Must have a solid understanding of the PMI / PMBOK Methodology
- Have strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to manage projects of Large to complex projects independently
- Well-developed leadership skills in a matrix organization structure
A four year degree or equivalent experience (7+ years of related experience/training)
- Possession of the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired
- 7+ years wireless experience
- OEM, Chipset, Network, or Carrier experience
Shift / scheduled hours: