Plan, develop and execute large complex general contracting related projects in conjunction with elevator / escalator installation
Responsibilities and Key Activities
1. Provides scope development estimating and pricing support to sales executive during acquisition phase of projects.
2. Conducts on site surveys to determine general contractor scope
3. Establishes and maintains general contracting project schedule assuring that all critical path items and coordination with elevator / escalator schedule is accomplished
4. Obtains and prequalifies necessary sub contractors
5. Develops sub contractor scope. Prepares necessary bid documents. Conducts bid process within established KONE guidelines..
6. Leads sales and legal team in development and issuance of contracts to successful bidders.
7. Establishes general contracting budget
8. Establishes and maintains all necessary project documentation.
9. Directly manages all subcontractor activities.
10. Maintains project financials and coordinates data with other PM’s
11. Maintains project forecast.
12. Performs risk mitigation and change management reviews.
13. Performs regularly scheduled onsite project meetings with subcontractors.
14. Attends Owners meetings with other project PM’s
1. Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
2. Maintains compliance with OSHA CFR. 1926. Reviews and approves sub contractors written health and safety progeams.
3. Conducts required safety training / meetings.
4. Prepares project reports for management, client or others.
5. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
6. Coordinates project activities with governmental agencies.
7. Travel as needed.
8. All other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
BA or MS in engineering or in a related field or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
10+ years experience in project management with a proven record of success in executing large complex projects.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
1. Project management skills
2. Proficiency in all industry standard project management and financial software
3. Communication skills
4. Interpersonal skills
5. Planning and analytical skills
6. Financial ability
7. Ability to work on projects in cross-functional manner
8. Organizational skills
KONE - 22 months ago
KONE began its elevator business on the ground floor and is working its way up. The US subsidiary of Finland's KONE sells,...