We are currently seeking a Litigation Support and Knowledge Management Systems Engineer for our Los Angeles office. This individual will be part of the Firm’s Litigation Support Group and will have broad-ranging responsibilities primarily relating to the Firms’ litigation and practice support functions. This person will also have some duties related to the Firm's Knowledge Management systems. S/He will report to the Firm's Litigation Support Manager and the Chief Knowledge Officer.
Duties and Qualifications
The primary duty of this role is to act as liaison between Litigation Support and the IT department and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all litigation support hardware and software. This will include setup and administration of cases, the installation, management and troubleshooting of litigation support applications. Thorough knowledge, and expertise with Microsoft desktop products and the following litigation support applications:
• EDD Processing Tools
• Web-based document review applications
• Trial Director
• Additional applications as required
• Manage storage of all Litigation Support applications, and respond to hardware issues as
• Provide technical support to Litigation Support staff with all levels of discovery management,
including set up of databases, archiving of inactive/closed databases, administration of user
accounts (database and Citrix), software installation and maintenance, data upload, quality
control, imaging, searching, run database queries and reports, transcript management and
electronic data exchange
• Familiarity and appreciation for the litigation process including all facets of discovery (paper and
electronic), data collection, document production, document management, coding and scanning
procedures and trial procedures.
The secondary duty of this role is to act as liaison between the Knowledge Management and IT
departments. This will include assistance with the following knowledge management systems:
• Interaction Application Collaborator
• Additional applications as required.
The right candidate will possess:
• Strong training and communication skills and the ability to interact with users of varying skills.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent initiative and assertiveness.
• Excellent customer-service skills and ability to work in a fast-pace environment and handle
stressful situations with poise.
• The ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize assignments.
This position may require travel, overtime and the requirement to be available after hours.
2-3 years of related experience, preferably in a professional services organization. Bachelor’s Degree is
required, and a Master’s Degree a plus. A solid background in SQL, network, desktop and storage
(SAN/NAS) administration is required.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, California