Title of direct supervisor
Manager of Safety and Security
Primary Purpose/ Position Summary
Provide professional safety and security services for Dominican University. Execute the “University Service” policy of the department for the whole University. Supervise security officers.
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 4pm to 12am.
Job Components/ Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provides professional safety and security services through regular patrols.
Oversees and coordinates security personnel on their shift.
Exercises decisional power regarding Dominican University and Safety and Security policies and procedures.
Trains in Emergency preparedness and management and as a “first responder”.
Acts as a liaison for all municipal Police and Fire Departments.
Executes the writing of all documents relative to the operation of Campus Safety and Security.
Maintains visibility and projects a professional security image at all times.
Assists in the training, development and discipline of everyone on their shift.
Enforces parking policies and issues tickets as required.
Performs other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (requested/required)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must pass background check
- Must be able to walk at least one mile and climb one flight of stairs while patrolling campus
- Must possess proficient verbal and writing skills
- Must possess basic computer skills
Education and Experience (requested/required)
- High School Diploma required; college education preferred
- Security experience preferred
Dominican University is an equal employment opportunity employer seeking applicants from underrepresented groups.