About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Our business: Risk Technology provides risk measurement and reporting services to JPMC. We measure market risk, credit risk and other aspects of financial risk, provide stress-testing services for the firm’s trading portfolios and produce risk reports at numerous organizational levels, which are reviewed by top-level management every day.
The Cross Risk Information Strategy program is chartered to re-engineer multiple dimensions of Risk Technology Architecture and Infrastructure to improve accuracy, consistency, and granularity across Risk, Capital, and Regulatory Reporting. The team is new and highly motivated.
- Lead development and maintenance of a business data dictionary for Risk. This data dictionary will become the centerpiece of the Risk Metadata toolset, and will ultimately be central to Risk’s information strategy.
- Ensure that the data dictionary Interacts seamlessly with the other components of the Risk Metadata Toolset, and other components of the rapidly-evolving Risk Technology infrastructure.
- Supports evolving Firm-wide data standards and requirements, many of which derive from recent Regulatory changes.
- Maps to applicable external data ontologies, such as FIBO
- Supports agile development by incorporating Semantic Web tools and techniques
The role requires experience with the implementation of Metadata toolsets, including development of business data dictionaries and Metadata repositories, in large data warehousing environments. It also requires excellent oral and written communications skills, and the ability to effectively manage a small team of analysts. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with large metadata or data management implementations
- Knowledge of Semantic Web tools such as RDF, OWL, or SPARQL
- Ability to propose, present, and defend alternative approaches to address requirements and solve problems
- Experience managing projects through the full SDLC life cycle
- Ability to function and contribute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Investment Bank Risk processing would be a plus, as would knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment.
- Ability to interact comfortably with senior management
US-NY-Brooklyn-3 Chase Metrotech Ctr / 03355
JPMorgan Chase - 14 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...