The SharePoint Administrator will work as part of a SharePoint engineering team responsible for oversight and operations of multiple production and pre-production SharePoint 2007 farms. Will engineer SharePoint and integrated software infrastructure solutions based on complex technical requirements from development teams. Provide recommendations for application design based on SharePoint best practices to development teams to ensure the performance and stability of the farm, as well as perform all farm level administration for application development, test, and production farms.
Define farm topology and taxonomy per vendors best practices
Identify server services and farm feature requirements e.g. scalability
Identify requirements for performance monitoring, quotas, and auditing
Implement the performance monitoring, quotas, and auditing
Define Shared Service Provider configuration and delegation
Provide input for the SharePoint governance document.
Build and deploy the infrastructure for a development, test, staging, and production SharePoint environment within the ICE intranet.
Will perform the following activities:
Install and configure all server hardware and software
Build server operating system images
Load and configure current version of MS SQL Server
Load and configure Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) on Web front end and Index servers
Configure all farm topology settings
Configure server services
Configure inbound and outbound email settings
Create Shared Service Providers, web applications, and site collections
Configure InfoPath forms and Excel Calculation services
Configure Profile Imports, farm level security, and farm level quotas
Load admin site templates into SharePoint sites
Load and configure Office Communication server and integrate it with the MOSS environment
Maintain production, development, staging and test environments.
Perform routine maintenance on server operating systems and hardware
Manage all SQL Content, Configuration, and Search databases
Manage the SharePoint farm
Required Experience and Education:
18+ Years with HS or 14+ Years with AA or 12+ Years with BS or 10+ Years with MS or 7+ Years with PhD
provide recommendations to development teams and management based on Microsoft Architecture and
- 3-5 years of SharePoint Engineering experience
- 5-7 years of SharePoint Administration experience
- Ability to pAble to perform code reviews, review custom SharePoint application design documentation, and
Infrastructure Best Practices.
SSP configuration and maintenance, and web application and site collection creation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex enterprise level SharePoint application issues and outages.
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint farm level administration, including the deployment of solution files,
- Experience with Project Server administration and integration into a SharePoint 2007 farm.
- Experience with the configuration of SharePoint Integrated SQL Reporting Services.
- Able to apply proven technical solutions for complex technical requirements in an enterprise SharePoint
- Able to communicate effectively with development teams, business owners, and team members.
- Able to write technical documentation required as part of the SDLC process.
- BS in Computer Science disciplines
- Microsoft Training
- Microsoft Certifications
- Experience with administration of SharePoint 2010 and Project Server 2010.
- Experience with migration of SharePoint farm from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010
- Experience with provision and management of a Virtual Servers in a VMWare environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence tools, including SQL Analysis, Integration, and Reporting
- Experience with PowerShell.
- DHS Public Trust clearance.
BAE Systems - 19 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...