POSITION: House Manager
DEPARTMENT: Operations Department
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Part Time Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a House Manager at Richmond CenterStage and Richmond’s Landmark Theater. This position manages all Front of House activities, staff and services. This position also handles all guest services, including services for persons with disabilities.
• Manage the Front of House operations with special emphasis on events and guests with disabilities services.
• Hire, train, supervise and schedule part-time Front of House staff and all volunteer staff.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for Front of House staff (i.e., SOP's, handbooks, etc.).
• Handle all needs for guests with disabilities including policies and procedures for ticketing, entrance/exiting and overall ADA compliance.
• Patrol and maintain front-of-house area of the Richmond Theaters, ensuring that all front-of-house areas are clean, safe and secure.
• Keep detailed logs and reports of incidents and related activities.
• Fully train the Richmond Theater staff on implementing the emergency plan.
• Order Front of House supplies and equipment as well as all uniforms for the Richmond Theaters.
• Update and maintain volunteer website as needed.
• Assist as needed in all areas of operations.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or G.E.D. required. Demonstrated knowledge of current management principles and practices including supervisory skills, budgeting and training and scheduling a part-time staff. In-depth knowledge of ADA code requirements. Knowledge of computer operations, radio communication equipment, and building security functions. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with disabilities.
Manage subordinate crew during theater events. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak, read and write English.
Ability to walk freely up and down steps.
Ability to manage the Front-of-House staff.
Ability to assess situations and respond in an appropriate manner.
Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility(ies), at times, walking, climbing steps and/or standing up to 8 hours daily.
This position offers a competitive hourly rate. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
601 East Leigh Street
Richmond, VA 23219
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SMG World - 2 years ago