Nestle Purina PetCare Company
Department: Technical Services & Manufacturing
Job Number: nest-00029906
Repairs all electrical equipment and machinery, makes alterations, additions and/or revisions to plant property and office electrical systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reads, follows and interprets all electrical schematic essential to this plant.
2. Performs all electrical work necessary for repairs, alterations, additions and revisions to the plant property and office electrical system.
3. Knows operation of grinders and drill press.
4. Knowledgeable of electrical current 110 volt through 480 volt 3 phase.
5. Be able to perform the essential functions of the job as defined by the Team Leader.
6. Follows good housekeeping practices both in shop and on the job while insuring all helpers on each job does the same.
7. Performs other duties as directed by the team leader.
8. Follows GMP guidelines and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
9. Complies with all Nestle and plant-specific policies.
10. Be able to perform minor mechanical jobs.
11. Be able to make minor repairs on general plant machinery such as fans, blowers, conveyors, belts, mechanical and screw conveyors.
12. Have knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices.
13. Be able to cut and thread pipe in a neat correct manner.
14. Be able to do simple repair operations in piping installations such as replacing leaking fittings, replacing valves, etc.
15. Have a basic knowledge of plant utilities.
16. Schedule and complete work orders for your zone.
17. Maintain own tools and equipment, see Tool Requirements.
18. Be able to assist other Maintenance employees as required.
19. Properly install and maintain mechanical equipment as a helper or with direct supervision.
20. Demonstrate job knowledge in day-to-day operation.
21. Demonstrate basic understanding of the production process, plant layout and location of equipment through oral review and work assignments.
22. Be able to pass a written examination or demonstrate proficiency regarding these qualifications.
23. Performs all job duties in a safe manner, abiding by all safety rules and policies.
Participate in and support the BBS process by performing One Minute
Observations every week.
24. Be fully involved in and actively participate in all Nestle Purina Programs and
Initiatives. These include but are not limited to NQS, QMS, ROME, NCE, SHIFT
HAND OVER, GLOBE, etc.
1. Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have good reading, math and troubleshooting skills.
3. Must have good communication and problem-solving skills.
4. Must be willing and able to work in a team environment.
5. All Maintenance Technicians are required to be available for early call in, trouble calls, or other necessary overtime assignments required to maintain plant operations.
What is Job Cart?
Job Cart is a time-saving feature that allows you to save multiple jobs in one location. Now you don't have to waste time trying to remember the jobs that looked interesting to you.
All of the jobs you've selected will be listed below and will remain there until you are ready to proceed with the application process. With Job Cart you can apply for multiple jobs simultaneously.
If at any time you change your mind about a job, removing the job is as easy as clicking on the remove button.
Good luck with your job search.
Nestle Purina - 21 months ago
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through...