Provide software development support to the Community Coordinated Modeling Center (CCMC) at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The CCMC is seeking a highly motivated individual to work full-time to build upon and expand the Kameleon software suite features/functionality by adding new model support, new interfaces, and new back-end infrastructure that will provide web-service access to our large data sets. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a community wide activity, collaborate will multiple external entities, and also pioneer new standards and methodologies for handling three dimensional model output. There are many scientific visualization activities that we are involved in, including the development of our own in-house advanced scientific visualization applications. Kameleon is a critical component in enabling the analysis and visualization of our 3D data sets, and presents another excellent opportunity to contribute to several high-visibility endeavors.
- D evelop new Kameleon Converter software ( Java ) functionality to read 3D model output and write to standardized science data formats
- Develop new Kameleon Interpolation software ( C++ ) features to provide access to converted output files
- Design develop and maintain new interfaces and services that provide remote access to data stored at CCMC
- Maintain and manage software versions, task, bugs, etc
- Maintain, build, promote, and strengthen collaborations with external Kameleon users and developers
- Provide support for internal and external scientific visualization activities that utilize Kameleon
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a Physical Science plus at least 2 years experience writing software in C++ and Java in a UNIX/Linux environment.
Sigma Space Corporation - 19 months ago