Oversee the Employee Health function, including implementing and maintaining programs that encourage injury prevention and provide care and coordination of treatment for employees. Collaborate with leadership to develop and implement employee health policies, procedures, programs, and services that promote the health/safety of employees. Promote patient safety by monitoring employee medical fitness for duty and meet regulatory requirements. Represent Employee Health in a variety of settings and provide education to staff relating to this area.
Shift Details: Will provide Employee Health coverage 2 days a week at AV, 2 days a week at RIverton and 1 day at IMED.
1) Evaluates occupational illnesses, injuries, prevention programs, and trends.
2) Complies, and ensures facility compliance, with occupational health standards from the appropriate regulating bodies.
3) Complies, and ensures facility compliance, with the labor laws that govern health related issues in the workplace.
4) Coordinates employee health and hazard surveillance activities including respiratory protection, audiology, hazardous drugs exposure, etc.
5) Provides, coordinates, and tracks preventative occupational health services to employees including immunizations, health screenings, respiratory protection, etc.
6) Coordinates process for evaluating employee readiness to return to work.
7) Tracks and reports employee communicable diseases, injuries, and exposures. Coordinate follow-up as appropriate.
8) Supports injury prevention and loss control activities as requested, including facility safety committee, safe patient handling committee, etc.
9) Recognizes and assesses hazards in the work environment.
10) Provides and coordinates restorative occupational health services for employees with an occupational illness or injury. This includes: Acts as a liaison for Workers Compensation claims including working with claims adjustors and providers, Develops and maintains a relationship with WorkMed clinics or applicable occupational health providers, Facilitates work restrictions and accommodations, Provides worksite evaluations and ergonomic assessments as needed, Facilitates return to work for employees on health related leaves of absence, and makes appropriate referrals to the long term disability program.
1) Coordinates ongoing employee health programs and processes. Monitors outcomes and makes improvements as needed.
2) Develops and implements employee health initiatives and is consistent with organizational goals.
3) Coordinates policy development consistent with company-wide initiatives. Ensures and initiates standardization and development of employee health protocols, policies, and procedures.
4) May provide coordination and leadership to department/clinic employees in attaining department/clinic employee health goals.
5) Develops and maintains a relationship with facility Infection Preventionist, acting as a resource and collaborating on patient infectious disease exposures and follow-up.
Consultation / Liaison:
1) Serves as a representative on committees or task forces relating to area of expertise.
2) Acts as a resource, provides expertise, and serves as a consultant/liaison to health team members, employees, and leadership.
3) Works with Central Office Workers Compensation team to maximize effectiveness of employee health functions.
4) Assesses, evaluates, and makes recommendations on ADA cases. Works with Human Resources on leave of absence, FMLA, and health related employee performance concerns.
1) Responsible for education of staff on the ways to prevent and treat occupational injuries and illnesses.
2) Performs needs assessment of staff and education programs. Facilitates development and implementation of in-services and training related to education needs.
1) Utilizes current research to improve care and to guide the development of standards for employee health.
2) Maintains a global perspective of the changing employee health environment, at the department/clinic, facility, local, and national level.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Two years of clinical nursing experience.
- Current RN license for state in which the nurse practices.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- Experience in Employee/Occupational Health.
- COHN and/or Case Management certifications from ABOHN.
- Leadership experience.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...