Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com .
JOB POSITION: IT Field Support Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Greenville, SC
JOB SUMMARY: Is responsible for assisting corporate employees with ‘client side’ technology, including PC maintenance, peripheral support, mobile phone support, audio/visual tools, troubleshooting and management of software. Performs installation, configuration and upgrade tasks that may require some research and analysis. Keeps informed of the most current technologies and may recommend new hardware and software applications. As needed, performs maintenance, installations, upgrades and other technical duties related to the operation of the telecommunications network/system. May assign extensions and voice mail numbers. Responds to complex telecommunication requests and may make recommendations for improving system performance.
· Assists corporate employees with ‘client technology’ problems and requests.
· Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of company’s PCs/laptops.
· Performs installation, configuration and upgrade tasks.
· Serves as troubleshooter on PC problems on all levels.
· Recommends and works through purchase process for new equipment.
· Researches and evaluates hardware and software.
· Makes recommendations for improving performance.
· Prepares progress reports and updates management on status of problems.
· Assigns extensions and voice mail numbers.
· Responds to complex telecommunication requests and serves as troubleshooter on complex telecommunication problems.
· May serve as a contact for vendors (specifically as it relates to repair and service on telco systems or service).
· Assists corporate employees with audio visual problems and requests.
· Responsible for maintenance of company’s projectors and screens.
· Assists corporate employees with the use of video conferencing solutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum associate's degree in computer science (or comparable work experience); bachelor's degree desirable. Typically requires a minimum of 18 months to 3 years of Telco experience, and four to five years of PC support experience.
Required Skills :
Good knowledge of basic mobile phone, telecommunications and computer procedures. Excellent knowledge of PC/Laptop maintenance. Knowledge of PC operating systems. Ability to provide technical guidance for company employees regarding PC problems. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and interpersonal skills. Proven project management abilities.
preferred skills & KNOWLEDGE:
· PC's, laptops, servers, and various software applications. Telecommunications testing and punch-down equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer : All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
Infor Global Solutions - 19 months ago
Mgr, CB Service Delivery I
- 12 days ago
- 10 days ago
- 11 days ago
Before manufacturers and distributors get products to the shelf, Infor Global Solutions gets software to their computers. The company...