Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Director of Bio Fuels
Type of Position:
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience, with relevant technical experience required in the Bio Fuels and Renewable Resource Industry.
• Minimum of 20 years’ experience in the Bio Fuels and Renewable Resource Industry including 15 years of project management experience.
• Must have experience in commercial and technical ongoing operations, business development, new product/program development applying technology solutions to the renewable resource processing industry including engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC).
• Must have experience directing a team of professionals including Business Development, Engineering, Procurement and Construction operations.
• Must have integration skills and right sizing of work processes, specifications and procedures to provide industry competitive solutions.
• Must have experience with MS Office suite of products – Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Visio; AutoCAD, and CRM (Salesforce and equivalent).
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, strong listening skills and excellent written and oral communication skills. Must also have good organizational and time management skills.
• Must have ability to travel for extended periods of time.
• Requires an extremely strong technology, sales and business acumen, budgeting and forecasting, risk management, account management, and client development. In addition, a vast understanding of the Bio Fuels, renewable Resources and Refinery markets.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position requires successful completion of the URS Project Management Certification program within 6 months of hire. This certification program is a series of learning modules and is available on-line through the URS Learning Management System at no financial cost to the employee.
Do the best work of your life!
The Process Engineering Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Director of Bio Fuels for immediate employment in the Houston office. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
The candidate will establish operations for a new lean URS business practice. As early as practical, or within the 12 month startup phase, will provide industry leading service to the Bio Fuels market segments. An entrepreneurial drive, vision and management style is required in order to help develop a startup and prolonged operational solution. In time, as operations are performing according to plan, management of a team of multiple lead managers in various phases of operation is anticipated. The role will report to the Houston Operations Manager of Process Engineering who is responsible for overall solutions to this new enterprise, in addition to cross matrix reporting for specialized areas of expertise.
The successful candidate will be required to recruit and attract a team of industry experts and utilize in the short term a team from existing URS assets across multiple locations. In the medium to long term, build an organization of industry leading contributors focused on a singular purpose in Process Technology, Process Engineering, Project Management/Engineering, all Engineering/Design Disciplines, Procurement, and Construction. As such, the candidate should have experience in leading a team of engineers and designers – preferably a multi-office team. The successful candidate will bring a significant level of expertise and industry credibility to play as they grow the business for URS. In order to grow this business, the successful candidate will work closely with clients – most of whom should be very familiar – from conceptualization and FEED, all the way through plant design, construction, startup and commissioning.
Skills and duties shall include:
• Establishing and accomplishing business objectives, taking responsibility over the operations performance and sales results of all team members.
• Providing vision for business, establishing priorities, re-establish/align goals as move from startup to ongoing operations. Increase management’s effectiveness by closely working with team and securing necessary resources and ensuring that goals are being evaluated, met and exceeded.
• Role will include recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling industry leading experts with a solid track record for attracting and delivering quality products and services. Management duties include: motivating and disciplining staff, communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
• Working directly with clients and internal team delivering market focused and profitable growth/results.
• Strategy planning/implementation, vision casting and team building.
• Oversee a budget.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of company history, culture, identity and goals.
• Responsible for recruiting key technical personnel and overseeing development of standards, process design, equipment sizing and selection, price estimating, proposals, project acceptance and execution of the project. Once technical personnel are recruited, manager/direct the group in a similar manner.
• Assist Marketing staff for all Marketing Material Development.
• Must attend industry trade shows and conferences to staff URS exhibits.
• Participate in industry organizational and social events.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 18 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...