JOB TITLE: Network Technician
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer or Designee
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Salaried, Exempt
UPDATED: February 2013
J OB SUMMARY: The Network Technician provides proactive and extensible solutions to ensure a stable network infrastructure for the company. This hands-on position involves reviewing and further documenting networking components and connections. The Network Technician will have the responsibility for ensuring active networks and servers are secure and fully accessible to properly authenticated users. The Technician will provide network administration operations and perform maintenance requests as well as help to implement system policy.
The Network Technician must have a service mentality; maintain cooperative working relationships; and demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse user group.
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems group.
- Works with team members to assess and develop plans and designs for local and wide-area networks and ensure that continued operations, high stability, and reliability is maintained.
- Works with management to offer suggestions for network, software, and hardware purchases or upgrades.
- Configure and maintain firewalls, routers, switches, and other network devices to company requirements.
- Perform network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems.
Installs and configures personal computers, hardware, and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and drives.
- Assist the Systems Administrator with the ongoing maintenance and configuration of networked servers, printers, and other computing devices.
- Works directly with the Systems Administrator to establish priorities for service calls on dynamic basis, administering multiple tasks concurrently when needed.
- Consults with customers concerning their information system needs.
- Performs accurate record keeping and maintains inventory & asset database and other network, server, desktop, and telephony misc. documentation.
- Maintains routine preventative maintenance on all network equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Information Officer or his designee.
- College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business Administration supplemented with one or more courses in current technology.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco IOS-based network systems including firewalls, routers, switches, and wireless devices.
- 3 years and current experience as Technician on a medium sized network of servers, desktop systems and communications devices using current technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows servers and desktop products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of setting up remote access for users (Cisco VPN)
- Demonstrated ability to administer a 250+ node network including firewalls.
- Demonstrated ability to support networked printers and photocopiers.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications.
- Excellent eyesight for computer work.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift at least 50lbs.
- Health that allows individual to work in fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
The Cliffs - 2 years ago
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort and Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort are two luxurious, Spanish-Mediterranean-designed, all-suite...