The Land Acquisition Associate will serve as the liaison between Atwell and the client. This position is expected to meet client needs and achieve project profitability by representing Atwell in all communications with client, communicating with Atwell management, and assembling and managing Atwell projects as they are assigned by the Land Solution Team Leader or Project Manager.
oKeep client informed.
- Determine land ownership information through deed, plat book, and tax roll research.
- Support the land acquisition manager in forming the land acquisition strategy for the target area.
- Meet and educate land owners on Wind Energy Industry.
- Execute lease agreements.
- Coordinate and execute right-of-way strategy.
- Record memorandum of agreements.
- Provide weekly status reports of progress to Client.
- Maintain land owner relationship through construction.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the project proposal and the client driven goals and timelines.
- Understands project scope and communicate out of scope requests by client to Atwell Project Manager (PM).
- Maintains a working knowledge of the industry and latest energy practices
- Maintains knowledge and follows on Atwell processes.
- Learns Client’s strengths and weakness
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and educate land owners about the industry, client, and development process.
- Utilizes Atwell’s tools including priority summary, LASR, and status map.
- Knowledgeable and versed in aspects of client’s lease.
- Research parcel ownership and contact information for landowners as needed.
- Qualify parcel ownership with land owner.
- Proficient in overcoming landowner objections.
- Proactively follow up with landowners including delivery of urgency.
- Submits accurate deed requests when certain a landowner has an 80% probability of signing.
- Communicates accurate execution dates to lease preparation team.
- Ensure lease is executed with 100% accuracy including all tax forms, payment instruction forms, and supporting documentation (i.e. trust documents) obtained for the client.
- Retrieves deeds at courthouse when necessary.
- Communicates proactively with the Atwell team.
- Submits weekly activity summary on time. Activity summary should have clear and concise notes. Owner groups should match the LAS. Parcels outside of project area should be noted for “map adds.”
- Obtains notary license in home state, locate notary resources when out of providence.
- Stores all project documents (email, land owner correspondence) on Atwell server in respective project folder.
- Carbon copies Atwell PM on all client communication, deed requests, and other pertinent, project-related correspondence.
- Directs all media inquires to Atwell PM or client.
- Utilizes Atwell’s Travel Company when booking reservations. Provide the correct project and task number.
- Submits invoices on a bi-monthly schedule by 10 am with correct project and task numbers. Receipts must be included.
- Establishes project objectives.
- Foster relationship with client.
oRespond to client’s concerns in a timely manner.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Contribute to team effort.
PERSONALITY & CULTURAL FIT
- Must have 2-5 years experience in Electrical or Transmission (TROW) Land Acquisition
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA a plus).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Real estate license/notary highly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Access experience preferred.
- Alternative Energy experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel 90%.
- Independent Yet Collaborative
- Creative Problem Solver
- Natural Communicator
- Results Oriented
- Client Focused
Atwell, LLC - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard