La Crosse County has opportunities for seasonal work in County parks performing parks cleanup and maintenance work, including manual work requiring some acquired skills.
Hours of Work: April through Mid-October, usually working 40 hours per week. During slower parts of the beginning and end of season, may work fewer hours. In order to be considered for these opportunities you must be available to work ALL of the following shifts:
--7:00am-3:30pm, Monday through Sunday
--12:30pm-9:00pm, Monday through Sunday
--5:00am-1:30pm, Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
To Be a Successful Applicant: 1-Provide a ten-year work history. Explain gaps in employment. 2-Include reasons for leaving each job. 3-Fill out all fields on the application, including address and phone numbers of previous employers.
Essential Job Functions:
Work assignments are essentially the same as that of a Park Maintenance Worker (listed below), except that assignment of employees in this class may be concentrated in a limited number of areas, such as restroom cleaning or picking up waste barrels on weekends and night hours. Regularly cleans, services and sanitizes restrooms, vault toilets, shower houses and shelter houses. Repairs and paints picnic tables, benches, shower houses, shelter houses, fences and signs. Removes litter. Lifts and empties trash barrels. Drives truck and utility vehicle (all terrain vehicle) to haul garbage and debris/honey wagon service. Maintains valid drivers' license and good driving record, and advises Parks/Office Supervisor of driving infractions. Cuts and stores firewood. Assists the public in its use of park facilities. Mows and trims grass and hauls debris. Cuts weeds and brush using hand tools. Cleans ash from fire pits. Keeps park grounds and buildings clean. Does minor repair work. Prunes shrubs and trees. Operates a variety of machines, tools and equipment; performs simple maintenance work to said equipment, including refueling. Protects park property from abuse, such as vandalism or violations of park rules and regulations.
Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
· High school education or GED
· Sufficient ability to understand and carry out oral and written instruction.
· Experience in grounds maintenance, farm work, or general labor.
· Ability to use various common tools, power tools and operate machinery.
· Availability to work days, early morning, evenings, holidays and weekends.
· Traits of honesty, trustworthiness and dependability.
· Good work record, work history and references.
· Be hard working and have good attendance.
· Have and maintain during the course of employment a valid driver's license and good driving record.
· May consider any relevant equivalent combination of experience and training.
La Crosse County, WI - 20 months ago