Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. Were one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Product Control has a significant presence and role within the organization. There is a close working relationship with the trading desks and other areas focusing on control, service and reporting. We are a central point of contact for many issues that affect the bank including new product approval, model validation and independent verification of derivative valuations. By placing a heavy emphasis on information technology and focusing on project work we are able to address control and operational risks and meet our internal and external obligations.
This role is within the Equity & Funds Structured Markets line Product Control team.
The EFS desk is a provider of derivatives and structured products on equity and fund linked underlyings, helping clients with both asset and liability driven needs.
The EFS Product Control team supports this business by reporting and explaining revenues, reviewing new deals and ensuring the accuracy of books and records.
The team's core responsibilities include:
- P&L production and analysis
- P&L explain production and in-depth analysis
- P&L commentary (daily/weekly/monthly)
- New trade validation
- New deal analysis, including production of Significant Transaction Reviews
- Provisions management, including booking, analysis and commentary
- Analysis of trading portfolio / new products
- Front to back reconciliations
- Month-end close
- Assist in ongoing project work
- Ad hoc projects / investigations /development of new tools
- 3+ years of Finance/Product Control experience
- 6 months + experience with derivatives pricing and risk and structured equity products
- Bachelors Degree
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Math, or other quantitative based university degree
- Ability to interact successfully with Front Office and Finance senior management
- Demonstrated understanding of the control framework
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing demands
- Strong PC skills, including Excel and Access
- Equity Derivatives experience
- Ability to be proactive in a dynamic environment and to balance daily responsibilities with ad hoc projects/initiatives
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong Mathematic skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- An ability to develop others
- A proven innovator
- Self starter
Barclays Investment Bank - 2 years ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...