The R&D Team at Dealer.com has spent over a decade building an award-winning web platform and innovative internet marketing software and is recognized by industry experts and our clients as a global leader in the automotive industry. Most recently the company was named one of 20 North American companies for “Top Small Company Workplace” by Inc. magazine and Winning Workplaces.
We're not only leading the way in developing cutting edge technology, but leading a revolution in our industry. With over 15,000 sites launched throughout the US and Canada, and approximately 20 million hits per month, the websites we build – and the backend software that supports them – have made a huge impact on the automotive online marketing industry.
Dealer.com empowers its employees by offering a casual, creative, collaborative yet challenging and energized work environment. We have many exciting projects in the pipeline, and the team operates with a great sense of pride that comes with knowing that others are listening to their ideas, and in designing and delivering software that has a positive impact for the company and our clients.
We believe that it is critical to encourage personal development to have a successful team. As such, we have an established budget for employee education to allow developers to take training courses, attend conferences or otherwise improve their skill set and encourage team discussions such as “brown bag” lunch sessions to promote knowledge sharing, new technical concepts and thought leadership. The company is also focused on continuing to improve our development environments and tools to promote best practices throughout the software development lifecycle.
Our Software Engineers are detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
As a User Interface (UI) Developer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will work with senior developers and technical leads to design and develop and highly usable web based user interfaces. You will be an accomplished well-rounded user interface developer, with a mastery use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks and a thorough understanding of the implication of software designs and implementation choices on application usability, performance and maintainability.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications to enhance the performance and reliability of our current applications, as well as participate in the development of new industry-leading products, with proven advanced technologies.
- Collaborate with developer team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Proficiency in subject matter must be developed. Context and understanding is everything for a developer!
- Knowledge of other languages/technologies such as Java, Groovy/Grails, etc.
- Strong user experience and visual design skills
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 5+ years front-end development experience
Dealer.com - 23 months ago
Dealer.com, a Dealertrack Technologies Solution, provides an integrated platform of Inventory, Advertising, Website and CRM products which...