Solta Medical Inc. (SLTM) is a global leader in the medical aesthetics market providing innovative safe and effective solutions for patients that enhance and expand the practice of medical aesthetics for physicians. The company offers products to address a range of skin issues under the industrys six premier brands: Thermage® Fraxel® Isolaz® CLARO® Clear + Brilliant™ and Liposonix®. Thermage is an innovative non-invasive radiofrequency procedure for tightening and contouring skin. As the leader in fractional laser technology Fraxel delivers minimally invasive clinical solutions to resurface aging and sun damaged skin. Isolaz was the first light based system indicated for the treatment of inflammatory acne comedonal acne pustular acne and mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne. CLARO is a personal care acne system that is the first FDA cleared over-the-counter IPL device that uses a powerful combination of both heat and light to clear skin quickly and naturally. Clear + Brilliant is a unique cost-effective treatment that utilizes safe fractional laser technology to prevent and maintain early signs of aging. Liposonix is a non-surgical treatment to reduce waist circumference with advanced high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) technology to permanently destroy targeted fat beneath the skin. Since 2002 approximately one million Thermage Fraxel and Isolaz procedures have been performed in over 100 countries.
Solta Medical is looking for dedicated individuals who thrive in a creative challenging and professional environment - where respect for the energy of new ideas diversity and teamwork can be found at every level of the organization. We create new opportunities for physicians and the patients they serve and of course opportunities for our employees to grow and thrive.
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Description: This position designs, develops, maintains and troubleshoots embedded software in our medical ultrasound based products. Software will will interact with other components through established APIs, control specialized hardware with custom device drivers, control therapy, and interface with the user.
Reports To: Director of Software and Electrical Engineering
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
Note: The following are meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title.
• Analyze product requirements for selected components and develop software architectures and design specifications for implementing these requirements.
• Implementation of software design using C and C++ as well as .NET.
• Integration and maintenance of embedded software.
• Carries out system integration of hardware and software.
• Develops tests for device software, including automated tests.
• Works on PC applications to support product interactions.
• Holds and participates in technical design reviews.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
• Experience producing software for medical devices and quality regulated industry is preferred. • Experience working with medical device design control processes is preferred.
• Successful experience with new product development is preferred.
• Candidates must be self-directed and able to work with overall direction.
• Ideal candidates will have good written and oral communication skills, a team-oriented approach, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong experience with C/C++
• Experience with Visual Basic and .NET desired • Development experience with embedded and x86 platforms
• Low-level device driver implementation experience
• Hands-on experience with typical electronics laboratory test equipment
• Effective communication and documentation skills
• A self-motivated and results-oriented individual
• Develops complex technical design projects
• An expert level working knowledge of software engineering concepts/principals
• Acts as a mentor to Software Engineers
• Must have experience in managing the full life cycle of a project
• Background in medical device development preferred
• Background in diagnostic or therapeutic ultrasound preferred
• Familiarity with requirements for formal testability
• Control system design and implementation desired
• Graphics programming desired
• Experience with WinCE operating systems preferred
• BS degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent
• A minimum of five year experience programming in a variety of languages, including object-oriented languages
Language and Verbal Skills
Ability to read analyze and interpret engineering specifications general business periodicals professional journals technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports specifications and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of peers and managers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Analytical and Reading Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to read technical and clinical literature and documents and extract important concepts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform lifting tasks of up to 10 pounds for short durations. Duties of this job may involve standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some light machining and prototyping activities will involve moderate noise levels (i.e. power drill) and moderate dust or debris exposure.
Solta Medical is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.