Summer Intern 2013
- Requisition #: 202939651
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: SCS Alpharetta IT Application Development
- Job Group: Intern-Coop
- Job Grade: 007
- Job Code: 2177
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ALPHARETTA, GA 30005 - Morris Road Location
Jr. SAP Basis Administrator
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career .
This Summer Intern will:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- perform support of the existing SAP landscape
- follow standard operational procedures for the day-to-day activities, monitoring and troubleshooting
- execute basic implementation and deployments
- support the senior SAP administrator in other administration tasks for our SAP environments “ECC 6.0 EHP4, BI 7.3, PI 7.3, SM 7.1, E-commerce.”
This Summer Intern will assist the Senior Administrator in maintenance tasks like monitoring servers, background jobs, system performance, troubleshooting, deployments and small installations. Other tasks will include:
- load analysis
- check alerts
- supporting end users on non-production environments
- starting and stopping services and instances in the non-production environments
- spool and print administration
- logs analysis.
Viable candidates must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program. Must be able to work 15-20 hours per week during school year and 32-40 during the summer.
- College Student (Preferably Computer Science)
- Ability to analyze security problems and provide clear recommendations
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as a team player and can manage own workload
- Able to Multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Must be an effective problem solver
- Knowledge of Java and SQL is a plus
- Knowledge of Windows 2008 and productive tools like word and excel
- Basic knowledge of network
- Knowledge about SAP technology
The desired Summer Intern must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or related discipline.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program
UPS - 13 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...