R&D Associate - Outside Innovation
Reckitt Benckiser is a global success story in Health, Hygiene and Home products. Our success is led by successful brands like Lysol, Durex, Clearasil, Finish, Veet, Woolite, and Resolve that aim to achieve global market leadership. Our vision is a world where people are healthier and live better. Our purpose is to make a difference by giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes
The R&D Associate - Outside Innovation will support the commercial development and engender future growth of the RB Powerbrands portfolio by sourcing technologies, products and innovations from third parties supporting the CDO pipeline for all the RB Powerbrands.
- To implement appropriate sourcing strategies to provide the R&D community with consumer relevant technologies, ‘ready to go’ products and innovation.
- To lead the interaction with suppliers, technology transfer houses, consultants, universities and other appropriate 3rd parties to ensure the best utilisation of their skills and expertise to meeting scouting objectives.
- To identify and form productive relationships with third parties and initiate the management of the intellectual property and contractual obligations associated with technology / product development and transfer to RB.
- To complete proof of principle experiments and understand the broader implications behind the development of new technologies e.g. IP, safety, regulatory constraints.
- To organise and make available the information / material related to the Outside Innovation activities in a globally accessible repository.
- To promote and maintain a safe working environment through compliance with established company and regulatory policies.
- To actively participate in the development and implementation of best practices across the Outside Innovation team.
- Good degree in a relevant Scientific discipline.
- 2 years + experience within an R&D / Technical Innovation environment.
- Familiarity with:
- Innovation development within a cross-functional, international and multi-cultural environment.
- 3rd parties management and associated contractual obligations.
- Intellectual Property assessment / management.
- Good understanding of market, consumers & competition in the area of FMCG products.
- Experience of international assignment is an advantage.
Reckitt Benckiser - 17 months ago
If it doesn't clean or taste good, it doesn't cut the mustard with Reckitt Benckiser. A subsidiary of UK-based Reckitt Benckiser...