Responsible for the safe and reliable operation of Kamyr digester, chip
processing areas, and recaust areas of the Springfield Mill. Lead a 26
operator department to safely and efficiently manufacture pulp. Lead
shutdown planning and execution for Kamyr, chip stacker, and chip screen
rooms. Interface with maintenance team to prioritize and facilitate
completion of maintenance jobs. Be responsible for up-to-date and
functional reliable methods and equipment lockout processes. Coach
operators to successfully interact as a team and acquire skills for safe
and efficient equipment operation. Ensure that the Kamyr digester
operates with minimal impact on the environment and within permit
limits. Champion cost reduction efforts while improving quality and
reliability of the process. Serve as a safety champion for the
- Proven safety record and a working knowledge of industrial safety
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written, oral, & listening)
- Good planning and organizing ability
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, &
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of Pulping and Recaustizing
Engineering degree preferred, or candidates with +10 years experience in
- Minimum 5 years experience in Fiber/Recaust operations.
pulping operations and 5 years in leadership role.
International Paper is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
International Paper - 23 months ago
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....