Ashland Inc. (NYSE: ASH) provides specialty chemical products, services and solutions for many of the world's most essential needs and industries. Serving customers in more than 100 countries, it operates through five commercial units: Ashland Hercules Water Technologies, Ashland Performance Materials, Ashland Aqualon Functional Ingredients, Ashland Consumer Markets (Valvoline) and Ashland Distribution.
To learn more about Ashland, visit www.ashland.com.
**This position may be located in
either Dublin, OH; Wilmington, DE; or Wayne, NJ
Contract Manufacturing (Toller) Specialist
will be responsible for the following:
- Lead all Toller contract sourcing activities for Global Ashland.
- Develop and execute strategies for $100MM annual Toller Spend
- Works closely with plants, business units, packaging, direct purchasing to identify opportunities for process improvement and synergy savings.
- Ensures that Toll contractors are technically and commercially qualified and approved.
- Manages the contractor interface to ensure correct sourcing while being a key contact for suppliers.
- Contribute to the establishment of risk management processes to ensure effective mitigation of risk.
- Negotiate contract terms and manages relationships consistent with overall sourcing strategy
- Develop strategic sourcing plans and execute tactical and business continuity
- Provide strategies that add value and saving
- Ensure compliance with Corporate policies, ISO and responsible care guidelines as they relate to procurement activities
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of SAP contracts, timely entry of price changes, reconciliation of invoice discrepancies, and compliance with all Source- to -Pay process requirements.
- Monitor and measure success using SAP and other software tools
- Achieve project time lines/objectives with a high rate of execution
- Bachelor Degree required; MBA, CPM, and C.P.S.M. a plus
- Chemical manufacturing background preferred
- 3 -7 years Purchasing Experience or 8-10 years relevant experience required.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to negotiate, write and interpret legal contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemical company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
- Critical interface with commercial units, manufacturing, and corporate engineering to understand business needs.
- Position reports to the Global Procurement Manager
In addition to our career opportunities, look at our track record of consistent earnings and our spirit. Look at our values, which define who we are and what we care about as a company. What you have to offer an employer is special. What Ashland has to offer you cannot be found just anywhere.
Ashland Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button provided below. If no Apply button is provided, please copy and paste the URL below into your address bar. This will take you to Ashland's Career Center. Once there, enter job number #
in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply online.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
Ashland - 2 years ago