Alterations and Tailor Shop Fitter/Sewer - International Plaza
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for skilled people to work in our Alterations/Tailor Shop.
From attentive salespeople to meticulous tailors and innovative merchants, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join a Nordstrom Store, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal fitter/sewer is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Perform and complete alterations/tailor fittings according to Nordstrom guidelines and service standards
- Organize workload and complete items on time
- Meet or exceed productivity targets
- Follow through on customer needs in a timely manner
- Actively build and maintain product knowledge through an awareness of fit, style, construction and trends
- Educate customers and employees on proper fit, shop procedures and guidelines in a professional and friendly manner
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Previous experience in alterations/tailoring
- Understanding of safe and proper use of all equipment in the shop
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact with customers and coworkers in a personable, professional manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math and written communication skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...