Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Project Engineer.
Red Dog Mine, located in NW Alaska, is a large, technically challenging open pit mine, mill and port facility. It is a remote, but modern and well-equipped fly-in fly-out operation that provides free room and board for employees, and regular transportation to and from Anchorage and surrounding regional villages. Rotation schedule will be four weeks on-site and two weeks off-site or two weeks on-site and one week off-site.
Reporting to the Team Leader - Projects:
- Continuously promotes safety utilizing Teck's Health and Safety Program(s) such as Courageous Safety Leadership.
- Schedules, forecasts and execution of project development.
- Coordinates team activities and communicates project status through technical reports.
- Develops and updates monitoring reports and budgets and tracks current trends.
- Ensures Project Managers are fully apprised of any development that may affect project costs, scheduling and relationships with staff, both internal and external.
- Ensures adherence and compliance to established construction practices.
- Participates in constructability reviews and executions plans suitable for a successful implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a medical examination and drug/alcohol tests.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
- 5-10 years of managing projects in a heavy industrial setting.
- Must have the ability to understand and be able to synthesize cross functional information from various teams.
- Commitment to safety; working knowledge of OSHA / MSHA standards preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite®: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Applicants must possess current authorization to work in the United States
Further information on Red Dog Mine is available at
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information
US-AK-Red Dog Mine
Teck - Red Dog Mine
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External
NANA Development Corporation
- 17 months ago - save job
Teck Resources Limited known as Teck Cominco until late 2008, is a Canadian metals and mining company. Canada's largest diversified...