Under the overall guidance of a manager, the position is responsible for administration and operations for the national Community Benefit Philanthropy and Community Engagement projects, processes, and business functions. Incumbent participates on a team that plans and executes on the strategic use of technological platforms to increase the scale, visibility, impact and efficiency of Community Benefit programs supporting philanthropy and community engagement at the national level. The role supports the team in its close working relationships with national senior and mid-level, leadership, regional staff, other KP departments and the KFHP/H Board of Directors' Community Benefit Committee. Details on Kaiser Permanente's Community Benefit program are at
- Answers phones, takes messages, screens calls, and greets KP visitors or outside vendors. May monitor emails for others.
- Organizes and manages departmental files and incorporates business process improvements to ensure files and documents are updated and easily accessible (includes electronic copies on computer network drives).
- Manages calendars, schedules/plans meetings. May research, plan and arrange meetings and events for 100 people or less, including hotel and conference facilities. May make travel arrangements for colleagues.
- Drafts, edits, proofreads and prepares correspondence; creates reports, graphs and presentations.
- Inputs data and maintains established databases; gathers and researches information with functional employees, external vendors and representatives in support of ongoing business operations.
- Tracks expenditures related to charitable contributions and invoices in the GIFTS grants management database and OneLink. Manages expense reports through KPERS.
- Under general supervision, creates narrative and quantitative reports in response to routine and custom reporting requests to meet informational requirements of KP management and/or external agencies and organizations for critical financial, departmental or operational analyses.
- Assists with identifying requirements for end-user systems applications, developing specifications of data, maintains specialized databases/table and oversees processes and access to safeguard data integrity.
- May track and analyzes monthly national financial reports; may consolidate and analyze for trends.
- Participates in various special projects as required.
- Interacts with KP executives and employees across multiple organizations, as well as external representatives, serving as a liaison for the department/function to discuss complex administrative matters, business processes, and project activities to facilitate department goal attainment.
- Coordinates project work schedules to meet client expectations and raises conflicting deadlines to management's attention.
- Provides administrative and project support to the team manager and senior management using intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, MS Project and/or PowerPoint).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) to eight (8) plus years of administrative and operational support within a specific functional level with increasing scope and discretion.
- Two (2) to three (3) plus years of functional analytical experience.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Ability to apply and use thorough knowledge of KP's policies, practices, business processes, techniques, work standards and systems.
- Uses acquired knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel to compile and create moderately complex spreadsheets and reports.
- Uses intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, MS Project, and or/PowerPoint) to create moderately complex presentation materials with graphs, illustrations, etc.; proofreads content for accuracy and KP established formatting.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to acquire and use advanced knowledge of KP and its customers
Kaiser Permanente - 19 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...