If you are excited by the opportunity to design highly scalable and performant solutions for innovative search and discovery, real time syndication of cross-WAN content, local buying experience, integrated social networking based recommendations, mobile applications and more, this may be the right career move for you. Be part of an innovative and passionate team, responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic international business for Amazon, from the ground up.
As a Software engineer on the team:
• You will own end to end implementation of large customer facing products, starting from design through implementation.
• You will participate in designing and implementing key functional areas of the customer experience, including website applications and platform services.
• You will own designing and building functional components, including code reviews, testing, deployment and post-launch monitoring
• You will work extensively with cross-functional teams across Amazon’s website, ecommerce and merchant technologies platform on the design and development of core platform functionality
• You will work with the business team and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
• You will work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
• You will own operating our products, driving excellence in feature stability, performance and flexibility.
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Math of related field, with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Programming experience in Java / C++ (or equivalent OO language)
- Experience building and operating high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with large database driven applications and/or distributed computing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A great problem solver, enthusiastic and innovative.
- Domain knowledge of online ecommerce would be a plus.
- Masters in Computer Science (or related field)
Amazon.com - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...