Must be 18 or older
A glimpse at the job:
- The grand opening of the new Montgomeryville store will be in Fall 2013.
- The Montgomeryville store will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Full-time interviews will begin in April 2013.
- Part-time interview will begin in June 2013.
- Opportunities are for Year Round Employment
At Wegmans, we recognize how important it is to provide the best service possible to our customers and take pride in going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations in all areas of the store. Whether answering customer questions, offering meal solutions or making sure products are stocked on our shelves; customer service team members perform every action with the highest standards in mind!
I will add value in the following Full Time Customer Service positions available at Wegmans:
Employees in the Service area have the greatest opportunity to uphold Wegmans high standards as they provide incredible service on the Front End; often having the last contact with customers before they leave the store. Customer Service team members in Service departments are given the opportunity to leave a lasting impression by ensuring each customer’s shopping experience is a great one!
Service Departments include
: Accounting Office; Front End (including Cashiers and Café Cashiers*); Helping Hands (parking lot attendants & outside customer service); Maintenance; Price Checking; Service Desk
Positions of a similar nature may include: cashier, sales associate, checker, clerk, customer service representative, parking lot attendants, cart pusher, teller, guest services, customer service manager, CSM, front end coordinator, front end runner, lot attendant, janitor, handy person, maintenance
Our Perishable departments are the exciting areas of the store where our customers can see the skills and passion of our employees on display in innovative ways every day. Customer Service team members in this area go above and beyond customer expectations by WOW-ing them with their product knowledge, offering suggestions and cooking techniques, and ensuring items are available for their enjoyment.
Perishable Departments include:
Bakery & Patisserie*; Commercial Bakery; Deli; Floral; Kosher Deli*; Meat; Olde World Cheese; Produce; Seafood
Positions of a similar nature may include: sale associate, clerk, customer service representative, associate, stocker, food production, cake decorator, baker, meat cutter, meat wrapper, floral designer, and floral arrangement
Prepared Foods Departments:
Customer Service team member in Prepared Foods departments work with some of our most delicious items! Employees in these departments offer meal planning tips to our customers and ensure the freshest products are prepared and available for them throughout the day; receiving it with the incredible customer service Wegmans prides itself on!
Prepared Foods Departments include:
Catering*; Coffee Shop; Old Fashioned Sub Shop; Pizza; Prepared Foods Service; Table Bussers & Dishwashers
Positions of a similar nature may include: sale associate, clerk, customer service representative, associate, food prep, food production, server, sandwich prep, baker, Waitress, Waiter, Bartender, Hostess, Host, Server, Attendant, Food Runner, Expeditor, Bar Porter, Bartender Helper, Bar Back, Steward, Banquet Server, Waitstaff, Restaurant Server, line cook, prep cook, short order, cook, grill cook or fry cook.
The varied departments of the Merchandising area are where customers can find everything they’d expect from a grocery store and all the things they never thought they could. Customer service team members in this area strive to provide customers with a one-of-kind shopping experience; working to explain product usage and ensure displays are stocked and well-merchandised to drive sales in the department.
Merchandising Departments include
: Bulk Foods; Complements (specialty housewares)*; Dairy; Floor Maintenance (Overnight)*; Frozen Foods; General Merchandise; Grocery; Health & Beauty Care; International Foods; Nature’s Marketplace (natural & organic products); Overnight Grocery; Receiving; Skin Care*; Tea Bar*, Sign Shop*
Positions of a similar nature may include: Stocking, Warehousing, Night Crew, Replenishment, Stock Clerk, Stocker, Picker, Grocery Stocker, Evening Stocker, sale associate, clerk, customer service representative, and associate
- denotes a department not found in all Wegmans stores
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
What might set me apart from other candidates
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Learn, use and be able to explain cooking techniques to assist customers for their success at home (In Perishable and Prepared Foods Departments)
- Work involves continuous interactions with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Specific motions, weight lifting requirements and temperature conditions will vary by department
- Perishable and Prepared Foods departments require proper and safe handling of knives and other cooking or baking utensils and equipment
- In order to maintain a high standard of food safety, it is Wegmans’ policy that when working in Perishable and Prepared Foods areas a hair restraint must be worn at all times. Also, facial ornaments & jewelry must be removed.
INTERVIEW LOCATION: To be determined
- Days/Hours requirements: Full-time applicants are required to have an open availability Sunday-Saturday, between the primary operating hours of 6am to midnight, unless specified for a position/department. Full-time employees work a minimum of 40 hours/week, in 8 hour intervals, including evenings and weekends to meet business needs. Weekend availability is required.
- All applications will be screened and only those applicants whose qualifications most closely match the job requirements will receive an interview.
- If you are a match for a position, we will contact you with additional information regarding the interview process.
- If your application and qualifications do not match the job requirements, you will be notified through email.
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen, physical and/or criminal background check.
- Online correspondence is important throughout the Wegmans hiring process. Please ensure that your contact information is accurate and changes are updated as they occur.
- In order to receive proper training prior to the store opening, all employees will be required to travel to other stores. In most cases, transportation will be provided. Travel may be required (and should be expected) for each shift an employee is scheduled to work prior to the store opening.
Wegmans - 21 months ago
Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered in...