Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 813377-105243
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
Microsoft is working on revolutionizing consumer electronic devices. The team that incubated Kinect and profoundly changed the way people interact with technology is forming a product development team to change the world again! We are a growing team of experienced developers and engineers working in a startup environment on redefining experiences by making technology disappear. We are developing ground-breaking hardware, software, and experiences across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, image and video processing, networking and graphics. We will transform our ideas into reality through shipping a first-to-market product.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Principal SDE Lead for our Systems Team.
The successful candidate must have excellent leadership and management skills, the ability to hire and build a high functioning team, and experience with some or all of the following: hardware bring up, driver development, ARM/mobile platforms, hardware acceleration, graphics architectures and mobile GPUs, audio and image processing, high performance architectures, platform and framework creation.
A track record of technical leadership, exemplary designs and implementations, “making others great”, ideation and delivery of innovative services, features, tools and engineering approaches is expected.
- Lead a team of developers to deliver complex software components of our product
- Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, PMs and SDETs for sustained long term success
- Partner with the architects and the technical leadership team to deliver solid technical designs
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering and business dependencies exist
- Own accurate costing for your engineering activities, and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
- Drive detailed design reviews, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards our business and engineering goals
Successful candidates must have:
- 10+ years of relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped consumer products or platforms
- 5+ years of people management and leadership experience with demonstrated accomplishments in talent attraction, retention and growth; innovation, leadership and effective direction setting in uncertain environments; establishing agile, high quality development processes
- Proven Experience of working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
- Outstanding technical problem solving ability
- Deep native development skills in C++ design and coding
- Experience writing performance-critical code
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- A proven track record of shipping quality products on time
- A BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
Additional experience desired:
- MSc or PhD degree in related areas strongly preferred
- Experience with mobile or embedded systems and their constraints
- Experience with Windows on ARM (WinRT), Windows Phone, or Xbox
Microsoft - 12 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...