Position Overview :|
Whole Foods Market is a company with a unique character and philosophy that has set us apart from traditional supermarkets. As the world's leading retailer of natural and organic foods our mission is to provide the highest quality products and services to our customers. Fortune Magazine has placed us on their Top 100 Companies to Work for List 13 years in a row! Isn't it time you joined the family?
The Northeast region of Whole Foods Market is seeking great new talent to fill part-time, and full-time opportunities at our stores located in New York City, Long Island, Northern New Jersey and Southern Connecticut. Some of the positions we currently have available include:
Bakers/ Mixers/Cake Decorators
We also offer leadership and leadership training career paths. We recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market and while we prefer to promote from within, we need more leaders than we have to help us expand the Northeast region! Bring us your retail knowledge and leadership skills and we will train you in Whole Foods Market operations and culture while assisting you in becoming the best leader you can be.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) and a 20% store discount.
Interested candidates, please apply on-line to this posting and send your resume to:
APPLY TODAY! What makes you whole?
Responsibilities & Qualifications :Responsibilities:
1. Provide excellent Customer service.
2. Treat customers and fellow Team Members with courtesy and respect.
3. Greet with a smile and assist all customers whenever possible.
4. Be prepared and ready to work in station at scheduled time.
5. Be able to work a variety of shifts including weekends and nights. There are no set schedules or guarantees of schedules.
6. Follow and adhere to all policies described in General Information Guidebook.
7. Must follow and adhere to all polices listed in store policy packet.
8. Comply with store dress code.
9. Attend all team and store meetings.
10. Work well with others in a team system.
11. Maintain a positive and constructive attitude.
12. Support Team Leader, store and regional leadership.
13. Maintain and/or exceed all performance standards and expectations.
14. Continually perform cleaning duties to insure cleanliness of store.
15. Perform all assigned tasks.
16. Complete all opening, mid and closing checklists.
17. Act and think safety in all areas of the store and your performance.
18. Report all safety hazards or incidents to store leadership.
19. Complete training checklist in your area.
20. Attend and participate in Orientation.
1. 6 months to 1 year of retail experience or its equivalent preferred
2. Very good customer service skills
3. Ability to work a variety of shifts
4. Positive attitude
5. Safe work habits
6. Ability to communicate effectively
7. Ability to follow instructions and procedures
8. A desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products
9. Effective time management skills
10. Strong work ethic and integrity
11. Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
12. Stand and walk for extended periods of time
13. Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders
14. Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds, unassisted and able to push and pull carts with product weighing up to 100 pounds
15. Use of box cutters
16. Use of electric pallet jacks or other heavy machinery must be age 18 or over
About Us :
At Whole Foods Market , we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. Whole Foods Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
What makes you whole?
Whole Foods Market - 4 years ago
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...