CSC is seeking an Jr. Network Specialist to help support an upcoming effort under the Department of Homeland Security. You must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance to qualify and you must pass a government suitability investigation as required by the DHS customer.
Essential Job Functions
- Audits computer systems to ensure that they are operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external attack.
- Perform basic information technology, systems or cyber analyst duties.
- Basic understanding of information technology computer systems and related information security software & hardware components.
- Experience examining malicious software, suspicious network activities, and non-authorized presence in the network to analyze the nature of threat, and secure and monitor firewall configurations.
- Understanding of network principals and security.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Two or more years of computer science, management information systems, or data security experience
- Experience working with information and network security practices
- Experience working with computer programming
- Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with security software packages
- Experience working with security architecture
- Must have Secret Clearance and be able to obtain DHS Clearances
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Knowledge of federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc.)
- Knowledge of NIST Special Publications and C & A process methodology
- CISSP, CISM, ISSMP, CompTIA, SANs GIAC, PMP certifications not required but preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills for resolving security issues
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Skilled in implementing and configuring networks and network components
- Ability to work with relational databases
- Ability to work in a team environment
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...