Job Title: Sr. Linux Administrator
Job ID: 259490
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Org Marketing Statement
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Day to Day Work
Unisys is searching for a Sr. Linux Administrator:
Linux Systems will be responsible for all systems (hardware and software) systems administration, configuration, installation and management responsibilities. Must be comfortable participating in a research and development environment, consistently looking for innovative ways to improve and optimize systems operation and infrastructure. Will be responsible for Systems Backup and Recovery, Systems Management through enterprise systems management tools, machine maintenance, configuration and management of all network services on server, maintaining software patches. Integrate and implement server solutions and server components such as web servers, application servers, database servers, authentication servers, core infrastructure services (Proxy, DNS, SSH, SMTP, etc), and others.
Desired Skills and Education:
- Must have demonstrated Linux/UNIX Administrator’s responsibilities to include the following activities:
- Linux/UNIX systems administration experience in a multi-server environment using Red Hat and/or Sun Solaris
- Understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- Experience with various networking protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NIS/NIS+, LDAP and NFS
- Performing user account management, to include add/delete and access control
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills; ability to work with personnel from multiple engineering disciplines to troubleshoot complex system-level problems Understanding of virtualization technologies (physical vs. logical servers)
- Knowledge of networking protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NIS/NIS+, LDAP & NFS
- Development of scripts (shell/PERL)
- Storage Administration experience (NetApp, EMC, SUN, SGI)
- Virtualization experience (specifically VMware) in an operational environment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of related systems engineering experience
- 3+ years relevant experience in Linux/Red Hat administration release 4
- 5+ years experience in providing operations based support for large-scale system architectures
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Security Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Candidates must have a demonstrated level of expertise performing these duties within the intelligence community.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical...