Remington Hotels, headquartered in Dallas, TX is one of the largest, privately held, multi-brand, hotel management companies in the country.
Remington is a world class leader and operates 60+ hotels (Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood) and growing in the United States with over 13,000 hotel rooms and 5,500 associates.
Our performance strategies, corporate culture and philosophies help us to deliver on our promise to guests, associates, brands and investors. Remington has been consistently recognized among many of the world's best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results.
At Remington, our history of success and unparalleled industry expertise makes us The premier service provider to the hospitality industry™
Purpose of the Position:
To direct and control operation of the front office and coordinate activities in order to obtain optimal room occupancy and revenue. To oversee al activities of the front office to ensure high standards of guest services and accuracy in all phases of the operation.
1. Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability.
2. Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow associates.
3. Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
4. Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
5. Perform your job according to standard operating procedures.
6. Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Associate Handbook.
7. Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA Hazcom program and safe lifting techniques.
8. Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
9. Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor.
10. Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor.
11. Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments.
12. Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
13. Practice “aggressive hospitality” and provide guest satisfaction.
14. Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
15. Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
16. Train and supervise other associates as directed by management.
17. Continue to learn and grow in your position.
18. Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
19. Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
20. Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities.
21. Assist person(s) with a disability.
22. Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guests and associates.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ensure proper staffing levels of Front Desk Clerks by assisting Front Office Manager/General Manager in preparing weekly schedule and maintaining proper documentation (time cards, disciplinary procedures, reviews, etc.)
2. Assist the Front Office Manager/General Manager by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual circumstances.
3. Communicate with the Housekeeping Department regarding guest rooms and requests.
4. Communicate with the Engineering Department regarding any maintenance requests from the guests.
5. Check AM and PM discrepancy reports.
6. Have complete working knowledge of Front Office system, including all daily transactions and those which are not performed often.
7. Accurately manage and operate the reservation system and assist with reservations, when needed.
8. Accurately and efficiently manage and perform all of the front desk functions to include Guest Service Aide, PBX Operator, Front Desk Clerk, Reservationist, etc.
9. Assist Front Desk Clerks by cordially checking guests in and out of the hotel.
10. Know how and where to post all charges.
11. Accurately manage cash handling including receiving money from guest for payment of hotel charges and making correct change.
12. Handle checks and credit cards received from the guests for payment of hotel charges in accordance with management company’s accounting and credit procedures.
13. Know and accurately quote all of the room rates using upselling/yield management techniques per company policy.
14. Communicate with the Engineering Department regarding any maintenance requests from the guests.
15. Greet guests cordially and promptly and professionally check with guests in and out of the hotel.
16. Know how and where to accurately post all charges.
17. Accurately manage cash handling including receiving money from guests for payment of hotel charges and making correct change.
18. Handle checks and credit cards received from the guests for payment of hotel charges.
19. Know and accurately quote all of the room rates, using upselling/yield management techniques per company policy.
20. Issue safety deposit boxes to guests when requested, following approved hotel policies and procedures.
21. Give clear and accurate directions to hotel facilities, rooms and local area attractions.
22. Understand and be able to train new associates on night audit procedures, if required.
23. Meet budget by performing within the guidelines.
24. Participate in the following:
a. monthly department meetings
b. property M.O.D. Program
c. weekly staff meetings
25. Remove safety hazards.
26. Perform job duties of associates who do not report to work until substitute associate arrives.
27. Efficiently operate telephone system, answering all incoming calls within 3 rings.
1. Supervise the Night Audit staff in the absence of the Controller.
2. Supervise the Reservations Department.
Job Knowledge, Skills and other Responsibilities:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Portray leadership and provide guidance to the Front Office staff.
3. Properly handle guest complaints and/or concerns.
4. Understand and efficiently and quickly operate the computers.
5. Sit, stand or walk varying lengths of time, sometimes or long periods.
6. Use arithmetic to check totals and make change.
7. Read maps and give clear and accurate directions.
8. Operate the safelock equipment.
9. Push and pull bellcart weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
10. Possess valid driver’s license and safely drive a shuttle van. Have proof of safe driving record as indicated by a copy of Motor Vehicle Record, as per company’s Risk Management Handbook.
11. Memorize the hours or operation for the hotel facilities.
12. Lift and carry approximately fifty (50) pounds.
13. Know and administer first aid.
14. Direct evacuations in an emergency.
15. Operate emergency equipment.
Remington Hotels - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Remington is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, independent hotel management company with over 35 years of experience in the hospitality business....