is the home of the Colorado Rockies, Utah Jazz, University of Denver and Big Sky Conference. The network reaches more than 2.7 million households across nine states and delivers more than 350 live events each year – all of which are also available in high definition.
is owned and operated by DIRECTV Sports Networks LLC, which operates regional sports networks in the Northwest, Pittsburgh and Rocky Mountain regions. The three networks combined reach more than 8.8 million households across 18 states and own exclusive programming and distribution partnerships with more than 20 teams and conferences. DIRECTV Sports Networks is a controlled subsidiary of DIRECTV, the world’s most popular television service.
Video Editor, On Air Promotions - ROOT SPORTS (Rocky Mountain)
The Video Editor, OAP is responsible for assembling raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcasting on ROOT SPORTS. This is a key role in the Creative Services department. Working with the Supervising Producer, the Video Editor, OAP will own the post-production process and deliver high quality and on-time or early fulfillment of promotional assets for air. This position requires a high level of technical expertise, organizational skill, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple projects. This position will require approximately 80% of time in editorial and 20% in pre-production preparing for edit.
This position reports to the Supervising Producer and is located in Denver, CO.
Edit promotions for air that effectively convey messaging
Incorporate titles and motion graphics using software programs (After Effects)
Responsible for mastering and delivery of finished products for a variety of media platforms
Archive existing projects and organize assets-both video and audio-for use in future projects
Develop monthly promotional spot inventory list and work with marketing department on spot placement
Write tune-in scripts for standard daily and weekly show promotion
Work closely with voice-over talent to arrange and record promo scripts
Back up for logging promotional spots
Other duties as assigned
**Submission of a demo reel is required for consideration
- 3+ years of experience working as an editor in a television broadcast environment, prior experience with promotional or other short form video editing preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of editing software, Final Cut PRO experience strongly preferred
- High degree of creativity, with a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrated experience working with After Effects templates
- Excellent communication, organization skills, and the ability to work both individually as well as in a team environment
- High level of self-motivation, commitment, and dedication
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high inventory culture
- Ability to work within set creative guidelines to maintain brand standards
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including overtime, nights and weekends to support live events
- Knowledge of, and interest in, regional sports, especially Northwest based teams
- College degree in Broadcasting, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience a plus
DIRECTV - 20 months ago
DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV service in the US, ahead...