Reports to: Manager, Crew Scheduling
Schedule flight crews in accordance with government and company regulations, airline schedule requirements, flight crew qualifications, FAPA Agreement, and FA Handbook.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verify daily assignments and schedule/reassign flight crew members as necessary due to illegality, schedule change, or sickness and notify replacement crew members of assignments.
- Coordinate schedules with dispatch, Flight Operations, In-flight, and Flight Crew Training departments to ensure flight crew coverage.
- Arrange for crew accommodations and transportation in case of irregular operations.
- Maintain daily crew assignments, legality checks, and check-in records. Documentation and resolution of any pending legality problems.
- Monitor all flight crew members on-duty and away from base. Provide scheduling-related support to those crew members as needed.
- Maintain surveillance of each scheduled trip and reassign crews according to their qualifications, applicable contractual restrictions, governmental requirements, and most economical reschedules.
- Work directly with In-Flight Services and Flight Operations Management to ensure operational compliance and provide crewmember support.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior Crew scheduling and/or airport airline operations experience strongly preferred
- Aviation management coursework helpful
- Previous work experience using computers – BASIC PC SKILL COMPETENCY REQUIRED
- CrewTrac, FliteTrac, and/or Sabre reservations system experience strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills including the ability to interact with a variety of people
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to learn and proficiently operate Sabre Reservations, Sabre CrewTrac, Sabre FliteTrac, and FLICA automation.
- Ability to pass scheduling test(s) to be issued during training period and on a yearly basis thereafter.
- Ability to work varied shifts; nights, weekends, graveyards, and holidays. Crew scheduling is a 24 Hour operation, 365 days per year.
Frontier Airlines - 2 years ago
Faster than covered wagons, Frontier Airlines' planes part the clouds and fly the skies above the Rockies and beyond. The company...