Server Platform Manager
Job ID #: 21177
Functional Area: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time Exempt
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 10 or more years
Days and Hours: Monday - Friday
Physical Address: 100 E. Tryon Road
Department Name: Information Technology
Looking for an award winning place to use your skills and experience to make an impact? First Citizens Bank is one of the top financial services providers in the nation, recognized and awarded for our customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability, and overall stability and security. These qualities enable us to deliver the careful attention and quality services that clients expect from their financial services company in a rapidly changing world.
This position will manage a team of AIX, Linux and Windows Systems Engineers that are responsible for the physical server environment at First Citizens.
- Resource planning for project and time management, verifying task and project assignments are completed to ensure effective delivery.
- Assigned supervisory and leadership responsibility of IT associates to oversee design, implementation, and support of enterprise-wide database systmes.
- Partnering with peers, senior management, and teams to align projects and tasks with business-driven focus.
- Mentoring and training team members, providing coaching as needed in order to help develop their skills.
- Reviewing work for accuracy and completeness and taking overall responsibility of daily operations of the team.
- Performing performance reviews of team members to accurately and objectively assess team members’ performance,
- Scheduling training to compliment team members’ skills and the business needs, and inform management of possible risks.
- Ensuring proper coverage of team responsibilities through scheduling of team members.
- Completing programming, business analyses or testing activities as required.
- Enabling cross-training for team members to identify secondary responsibilities for critical systems and applications.
- Attending meetings as needed to provide insight/ideas to help meet end-users needs.
- Facilitating system modifications to fit within existing system architecture, or determine where architectural changes will be required.
- Assigning technical resources to conduct analysis of User Request to determine scope, time estimates, and system impact.
- Reviewing and approving change controls for accuracy and completeness.
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 8 years experience as a systems engineer. Experience must include previous leadership for technical implementation.
- Or -
12 years experience as a systems engineer. Experience must include previous leadership for technical implementation.
Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
Working knowledge of Development or Operations Framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc.
Highly knowledgeable in system and data design.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
Experience should include work involving financial services or accounting systems
First Citizens Bank - 12 months ago
With over $21B in assets, First Citizens Bank is one of the 50 largest banks in the United States. Our conservative lending practices...