Job Description: Location: Kansas/Missouri
Overall RML Performance:
- Implement Brand and Franchise Medical strategies into local actionable field medical tactics and ensure successful execution by collaborating with Integrated Medical Team, and Commercial Sales leadership
- Provide key customer insights with recommendations to key stakeholders to impact brand and medical strategic plans
- Understand regional business climate for appropriate medical tactics that drive key results
- Effectively represent field medical activities and value to key stakeholders
- Ability to identify needs and work closely with managed market (payor) customers
- Ensure that all activities and interactions comply with sanofi-aventis business guidance's, policies and SOPs, OIG, ACCME, FDA and PhRMA guidelines/policies.
- Establish and maintain credible peer-to-peer scientific relationships with national, top regional thought leaders and key customers.
- Serve as primary resource for clinical and scientific information to external health care providers.
- Effectively collaborate with TA RML counterparts to identify strategic cross franchise medical opportunities to optimize business gain
- Identify new and strategic medical opportunities and customers that leads to impactful results in the region.
- Develop strategic partnerships with scientific, clinical experts and business partners (associations, government, etc.) based on cutting-edge clinical/scientific data and information
- Provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific trends and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
- Provide input into the development of and ensure the appropriate execution of relevant regional medical meetings (e.g. advisory boards, symposia, and investigator meetings).
- Understand and convey Field Medical Organization, Area, & SA strategic vision
- Provide input into the development of local tactical plans & ensure execution of the plans at local levels.
- Demonstrate functional and technical expertise
- Provide innovative insights and make recommendations from local level.
- Work Collaboratively across Therapeutics RML teams, Managed Markets, RDs, Medical functions, and commercial maintaining appropriate communication flow while sharing best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess education/research needs and develop education/research strategies to meet needs.
- Assist in the identification of investigators and sites for company-sponsored clinical trials.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide balanced and accurate information to top regional formulary decision makers and P&T committee members.
- Serve as liaison for the review and submission of Investigator Sponsored Trial proposals.
General Administrative Duties:
- Implement prioritization of activities that have the greatest business impact
- Implement and monitor Field Medical Plans, drive for results
- Prioritize internal/external activities to assure external focus
- Address problems with a personal accountability perspective offering potential solutions
Key Success Factors:
- Manage Expenses/budgets efficiently with regard to controllable expenses (travel, car rental, etc…)
- Attend, actively participate and contribute in all local management and leadership meetings and activities
- Consistently utilize appropriate tools (IMAP tactics, Field medical initiatives, etc) to ensure optimal field contribution to national and regional medical goals
− Marketing/Sales: Assist in local market development activities, successful product/new indication launches, competitor defense, and appropriate utilization of s-a products. Lead in the local creation and maintenance of institutional, account, and Key Thought Leader advocacy and access
- Demonstrated ability to develop trust and integrity with peers, and others within the US Medical Affairs and commercial organizations
- Utilization of "Effective Communications" to adjust for multiple communicating styles
- Work collaboratively with medical and commercial counterparts to successfully implement local field medical tactics in alliance with medical drivers
- Ensure the attainment of individual objectives and results that satisfies goals, team and business objectives
- Strategic thinking and business acumen
- Deliver Area Field Medical Value
− MU/Marketing: Provide customer insights and competitive intelligence that leads to informed business decisions and/or refinement of strategy and/or tactics.
− Managed Markets/Sales: Broaden Local Field Medical support, as appropriate, beyond the traditional HCP to include quality organizations/individuals, consumer advocacy, LTC, employers, as well as other entities that drive good patient care on a regional basis.
- Demonstrate ability to display model behavior, innovation and prioritization.
- Driving for Results
- Business Acumen
- Initiating Action
- Communicating with impact
- Building Effective Partnerships
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Pharm.D., PhD, MD (clinical sciences or Healthcare administrative) required
- Knowledge and experience in field medical diabetes therapeutic area
- Knowledge and experience in disease area
- Preferred previous pharmaceutical industry experience
- Clear understanding of regional medical practice and clinical decision making regards to patient care
- Ability to identify the unmet medical, educational, and research needs within the regional medical community
- Interpretation of key scientific data and ability to translate this information to meet educational and research needs.
- Demonstrated ability to address educational and research needs through delivery of cutting edge scientific/evidenced based data.
- Understanding of healthcare systems affecting patient care.
- Understand the design and execution of research studies.
- Exemplary communication of presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Understanding and ability to implement field medical tactics/activities which include, but not limited to: Disease state, current therapies, outcomes, and basic health economic parameters.
- Understanding of highly regulated pharmaceuticals environment.
- Ability to initiate and maintain relationships with medical community.