This is a student position under the direct supervision of an APSU GIS Center manager or staff member.
Availability: 1 position effective March 2013
FOAP : 240010-46017-61400-250
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
- Write, test, and install mobile programming codes for various GIS Center projects.
- Perform off-campus deliveries and transport fellow student workers to accomplish assigned GIS Center duties.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain flexible schedule to accommodate the GIS Center.
- Ability to work in 2-hour (or greater) blocks of time.
- Availability to work 15 to 20 hours per week.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with all elements of the University community.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community, and the public.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior knowledge of or experience or with any of the following Web-related programming languages is necessary:
iOS (Apple) Objective-C
- Must be an APSU enrolled at least ½ time.
- Must be at least a sophomore at APSU .
- Minimum 2.0 GPA .
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
On your application, please clearly describe your knowledge of the following operating systems:
Review of applications will begin on February 26, 2013.
Austin Peay State University - 12 months ago