This is a per diem position located at the main hospital. The hours and schedule will be rotating and as needed.
Under the direction of a physician assists in diagnosis by producing digital images during specialized procedures for neurological, vascular disorders. Performs a wide variety of procedures insuring compliance with internal protocols and standards.
1. Receives requests for specialized procedures. Based on request and diagnosis sets up procedure room with appropriate equipment. Tests full range of inter-related equipment prior to procedure to verify in good working order such as elements synchronized at appropriate intervals. Provides simple troubleshooting and repairs as needed; makes adjustments as needed to equipment
2. Prepares patient for procedure, explains process, positions patient in accordance with type of procedure to be performed or based on specific instructions by the physician.
3. Performs all aspects of CT and Special Procedure imaging including aortogram, carotid examination and angiography. Operates various equipment including injectors, PACS (digital imaging) in order to provide high quality imaging for review by physician. Makes adjustments as necessary during procedures. Evaluates images for technical quality before releasing patient.
4. Maintains and records appropriate documentation regarding procedures according to established protocols. Participates in quality assurance process to improve and/or insure the delivery of quality patient care. May provide patient or physician follow-up in order to collect appropriate data for documentation.
5. Participates in instruction of students, and in-service education for staff members.
6. Keeps supervisor informed of issues and potential equipment problems.
1. Graduation formal radiological technologist training program approved by the American Medical Association; is certified by American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT).
2. Licensed in State of Connecticut as Radiological Technologist.
3. Preferred two years experience as Radiological Technologist and 1 year Special Procedures with Advanced Certification eligibility.
Stamford Hospital - 18 months ago