Sr. Research Chemist
1) Design and synthesis of organosilicon materials
2) Conduct short, medium and long term development projects
3) Conduct medium and long term new product or improved product development projects.
4) Conduct formulation, testing, weathering, accelerated and natural studies.
5) Support Business Improvement activities.
6) Lab scale and pilot scale synthesis to assist production scale-up.
7) Provide technical assistance and support to R&D, production, sales and marketing, as required for product scale-up, quality control, application testing, and other cross functional activities and to other technical laboratory members.
8) Provide understandable and readable reports to a variety of customers, internal and external.
9) Supervise technicians, other chemists and researchers.
10) Promote a safe working environment by actively supporting and participating in all safety initiatives and by using best practices
11) Maintain accurate and detailed technical records (lab notebook, etc.)
Location: San Jose, CA
- Minimum 5 years of experience with development of hard coating materials
• Ph.D. in organic chemistry, organometallic chemistry, silicon chemistry or polymer chemistry
• Must demonstrate broad synthetic, analytical, formulation knowledge in organosilicon synthesis, polymer synthesis, characterization (NMR, GC-MS, GPC, FT-IR, TGA-DSC, UV-VIS, SEM) and coatings.
• Must demonstrate broad knowledge of hard coatings ingredients.
• Must demonstrate ability to communicate well in both written and spoken English.
• Ability to handle variety of testing and test equipments.