This position is for a Windows System Administrator to work with our mobile projects. This position is responsible for designing, installing and maintaining Windows systems in a cloud computing, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment. The Windows Administrator will help identify and resolve system and end user issues and take part in maintaining a highly available environment with excellent uptime.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configuration, management, monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of all Windows Servers.
- Design, implement and manage disaster recovery plan for servers.
- Employ high availability strategy for all Windows servers to provide excellent uptime.
- Fulfill provisioning orders for new server deployments.
- Upgrade Windows servers as needed, OS and firmware.
- Work closely with development teams to deploy and support internal applications.
- Perform analysis of environment to provide continuous improvements and efficiencies.
- Create operational procedures and design documentation.
- Monitor system resource utilization and load on systems.
- Perform capacity planning by analyzing trending and resource growth reports.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system performance issues.
- Create group policies to configure remote administration.
- Baseline with Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA).
- Create effective security policies.
- Integrate local and AD policies.
- Deploy service packs and hotfixes using SCCM.
- Configure and manage the WSUS catalog and components.
- Employ virtual environment architecture best practices and maximize resource utilization.
- Optimize servers with Windows System Resource Manager (WSRM).
- Monitor system health and performance utilizing tools: Microsoft SCCM, SolarWinds, SCOM, HP OpenView, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 8 years experience administering Windows in an enterprise environment
- Advance knowledge of Windows including installation, administration and troubleshooting
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP stack
- In-depth knowledge of SAN and devices present to the OS
- Administration of DNS, hosts file, NTP, CIFS & DCOM
- Strong understanding of virtualization in environments such as VMWare and MS Hyper-V
- Experience with administering Domain Controllers, Active Direcoty and LDAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Clustering, replication, and other high-availability technologies
- U.S. citizenship required
Indeed - 22 months ago
LongView International Technology Solutions, Inc. (LongView) is an acknowledged and award winning multi-ISO/CMMI appraised and certified...