You’re making memories every day. Maybe you’re taking photos of the kids at the playground, shooting a video of your vacation on the beach, or writing your next great novel. On the Kindle Fire, mobile devices and the web, Amazon’s Cloud Drive team brings your media to life and to your fingertips. In the Cloud Drive team, we want to help people secure and experience their digital life: the photos, videos and other media that matter most to them. We’re looking for a usability expert who will lead us in walking in the shoes of our customer, then turning that learning into immediate results for Amazon consumers.
Are you a usability researcher who’s ready to start turning science into results? Are you a usability consultant who’s hungry to see your ideas delivered? Cloud Drive is looking for a usability leader who will champion user-centered design in our team, develop actionable recommendations to improve the user experience of our products, and translate the science of usability into reality of the product. Success in this role is not just good recommendations, but clear delivery on those recommendations. As a Senior User Researcher, you will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and conducting user research for Cloud Drive on the Kindle Fire, web, and mobile devices.
- Define the instrumentation of our products to enable us to test user experience and make constant improvements based on empirical data.
- Partner with our product management design teams to turn recommendations into product improvement.
- Gather and analyze qualitative data, like user feedback, building tools to raise awareness of and take action from what we learn directly from our customers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating, budgeting research).
- Hands-on experience with lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, international research, and survey design.
- Extensive experience in best practices for user research and knowledge of what approaches work and which don’t.
- The ability to effectively communicate to business, engineering and design managers.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on time.
- 10+ years of proven success conducting user research in a large-scale software platform settings, or equivalent.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports).
- A BS or Ph.D. degree in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, HCI, or similar.
- Extensive experience operating as a senior individual contributor in a user research role.
- Strong background in Human Factors related user research, with demonstrated results.
- Having shipped multiple releases of software platform products, preferably consumer products, such as, tablet or smartphone applications or platforms.
- Excellent mix of qualitative and quantitative analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle
- Experience with agile software development and the role of user research in an agile environment
Amazon.com - 9 months ago