Since its founding in 2003, BroadHop has maintained a singular focus on policy control and service management. As a result, it has developed the industry’s deepest and most proven expertise with mobile, WiMAX, wired broadband, and converged networks. With BroadHop, service providers can confidently transition their networks to the latest standards and technologies, such as LTE
BroadHop and its partners know that service providers need policy solutions that give them a competitive advantage, and meet the unique needs of their particular infrastructure and subscriber base. The BroadHop team works with service providers to help them successfully manage their network resources, build relationships with subscribers through individualized customer service and a superior user experience, and find creative new monetizing opportunities. For more information please visit
Reporting to the Director of Product Engineering, the Linux Systems Support Engineer will be responsible for the following:
S uccess Metrics
- • Collaborate with the application architecture team to maximize system & application synergies to achieve shared product performance objectives
• Test and certify the interoperability of the company's system and application software with leading high density computing platforms, including Cisco, HP, IBM, Continuous Computing, Sun
• Customize configurations for performance, scalability and HA on Intel-based server and blade platforms
• Level 3 support of J2EE based products
• Engineering of the core Linux system image
• Engineering of the virtual server environment for the company's applications
Q ualifications and Skills
- • Execution of product roadmap
• System performance and scalability
• Support of existing products
The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional knowledge and hands-on experience with high performance Linux operating systems and computing platforms. A strong track record of leading and executing high quality system engineering and testing activities as required for highly available network components in the Telecom industry. Qualifications include:
- • Strong knowledge of Linux and hands-on experience in deploying high performance systems
• Strong knowledge and experience in virtual server environments including VMware
• Strong level knowledge of the J2EE platform running on Linux, JBoss, Apache, other
• Hands-on experience of debugging/analyzing Java-based applications
• Past/current Java programming a plus
• Hands-on experience in tuning Linux systems for extreme performance on Intel-based platforms
• Strong background in network management system and integration within a virtual server environment. Zabbix is a plus.
• Enjoys the intense demands and long hours required to "push the envelope" in their profession
Based on skills, experience and the ability to make a significant impact – an attractive compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and stock participation is available.
BroadHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer to apply please send your CV to:
Only candidates matching the qualifications will be considered.
No Third Parties or Solicitors!!!!!
BroadHop, Inc - 15 months ago
BroadHop provides IP Service management solutions and the support, engineering, and consulting services that our customers require. We...