Interest Sub Category:
Architectural/ Design Services
Job Title :
Type of Position:
URS Corporation is looking for a Licensed Architect to join their Client Support Team in McLean, Virginia. This individual will have direct responsibility and oversight providing architectural project management support for specialized projects for a Federal client. This position will report to the Program Manager in our Columbia, Maryland office. The Program consists of multi-year on-site project management of multiple Firm Fixed Price construction projects, Time and Materials projects and reimbursable Level of Effort scopes.
- Coordinate and oversee completion of activities in all phases of the project cycle of facilities-related projects worldwide;
- Manage the project design and/or construction effort and evaluate contractor performance;
- Provide official weekly project status reports;
- Assemble a high performance, integrated team of all stakeholders; manage communications, and establish expectations throughout the project;
- Assist the Contracting Officer and the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative with acquisition planning, execution, and administration;;
- Collect requirements, prepare Scopes of Work, conduct market research, and develop sole source justification if appropriate;
- Conduct technical reviews and evaluate project solicitations, proposals, quotes, and proposed change requests;
- Review and approve shop drawings and submittals;
- Conduct pre-bid and pre-construction site visits;
- Prepare Contractor Performance Reports (CPR) upon contract closeout.
- Bachelor of Architecture, science or arts degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university or demonstrated equivalent education.
- Entrants to this position generally possess 10 years of experience with architectural, procurement and construction projects.
- Licensed Architect in a home state.
- Solid working knowledge of at least two of the following: Systems furniture and specifications, Building codes and ADA requirements, Informational technology, mechanical, electrical, communications systems, AutoCAD or Microsoft Office Suite and Project software packages;
- Demonstrated performance in a variety of interior renovation projects;
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and defining design requirements with requesting customers and preparing alternative solutions ranging from conceptual design to final design within established parameters;
- Demonstrated experience creating design and construction documents, and generating presentation graphics, preparing cost and schedule estimates, collecting, preparing, and reporting programmatic information;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating design activities with architecture, engineering, safety, security, construction, and other related functional areas;
- Demonstrated experience managing and monitoring architecture and engineering (A&E) firms and construction phases and handling contract close out, Interacting with personnel (Government and Contractor) at all level in hierarchy;
- Demonstrated experience communicating (written and oral) well with all levels of audiences using clear and concise language;
- Ability to work within US Government organizations and follow established processes and procedures;
- Work nights and weekends, as required, for operational necessities;
- Experience working in a classified environment;
- Experience handling multiple, demanding, and complex projects in a timely manner with accurate results;
- Ability to work independently and in team situations;
- Travel domestically or overseas for the Government, as required.
- TS/SCI clearance or ability to obtain while working
- Experience with Government contracts.
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...