Manager of Grants and Contracts, Full Time
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Provides leadership and expert consultation in grant funding to faculty and staff. Guides faculty/staff in focusing their funding ideas. Reads and edits faculty/staff proposals. Assists faculty/staff in proposal budget development and the internal routing process. Aids the Director in grant/sponsored program submissions and revisions.
- Reviews funding guidelines and program announcements from government agencies, research institutes, and private foundations for appropriateness to and compatibility with research interests of faculty/staff. Disseminates the results in an easily understandable format.
- Leads the development, issuance, negotiation, and execution of all sponsored program agreements and contracts.
- Assists the Director with development of policies and procedures.
- Maintains sufficient records and facilitates periodic reports on activities and results.
- Develops and maintains an electronic database system of pre-award, post-award, and time & effort activities.
- Develops and conducts professional development workshops for faculty and staff related to proposal development, searching for funding, assurances, compliance, research ethics, account management and other subjects.
- Assists in the development of various promotional materials, website information and maintenance, and news and announcement correspondence.
- Ensure federal compliance measures are met.
- Coordinate with outside legal counsel to secure intellectual property to patent matters.
- Bachelor's degree and CRA or evidence of pursing the certification or equivalent certification or degree. Degree requirements may be substituted with an appropriate combination of education and years of direct experience, preferably in a university setting.
- Minimum two years of experience in a sponsored program department or central office.
- Understanding of grant processes, budgeting and preferred knowledge of ULM financial and administrative policies, procedures, and software/database programs (primarily Banner Finance and Excel)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to supervise, mentor and train staff.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Ability to provide close attention to detail, a commitment to service, and capacity to work with numerous investigators and external agencies on multiple projects.
- Willing to do some travel.
Commensurate with experience
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Mail or e-mail cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation to:
University of Louisiana at Monroe
Attn: Dr. Leonard Clark
Director of Graduate School and Sponsored Programs and Research
Hanna Hall 241
700 University Avenue
Monroe, LA 71209
HigherEdJobs - 7 months ago