GENERAL SUMMARY: Working very independently, under very general supervision, executes protocols involving a variety of routine and non-routine experiments at a professional level. May identify new techniques. Develops modification of existing techniques, as appropriate. In collaboration with other members of the research team, gives input to the development of design protocols. Calculates, transcribes, and analyzes data using statistical techniques. May be responsible for orienting and training new staff. May serve in a supervisory role in smaller lab.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Independently performs routine and non-routine experiments which are moderate to complex. Experiments may include specific assays, tissue culture, liquid chromatography, radioautography, and preparing special materials.
2. Calculate, transcribes and analyzes data using advanced statistical techniques.
3. Maintains long-term tissue cultures of human cell lines and monitors cells for viability and contamination.
4. Performs literature searches and helps to prepare presentations and written articles for publication.
5. In collaboration with PI or Research Manager, establishes new and modifies existing research techniques.
6. Coordinates schedule of tests and procedures.
7. Coordinates lab activities such as infection control, radiation safety, and biosafety activities.
8. Assists in the orientation and training of new staff.
9. All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: BS in biological/physical science
Must have at least one year experience in a directly related research setting.
SKILLS/ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: • High degree of computer literacy
• Sound analytical and organizational skills.
• Requires good oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to logically and effectively structure tasks and set priorities
• Ability to identify potential problems and trouble-shoot solutions
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data statistically and to logically present it.
An EEO, AA, VEVRAA Employer
Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 2 years ago - save job
For over 150 years, Brigham and Women’s Hospital has been the birthplace of legendary medicine. A merger of three of Harvard’s...