The Vice President of Engineering will be a key leader owning the vision, strategy, and implementation for the technology direction of the company. The VP of Engineering will be a trusted advisor to the CEO, COO, and Board of Directors in plotting EverFi's learning platform strategy, and will work closely with the entire management team to help define and support key business priorities. In addition, the VP of Engineering will build a world class organization, drawing on industry and functional best practices to increase the efficiency and effectiveness.
The Vice President- Engineering position at EverFi requires a product-focused software development leader who is able to lead multiple teams in an agile environment.
As part of the management team, this individual will:
- Drive innovation in the development of new technologies and applications that are embraced by students, teachers and the rest of the EverFi community.
- Lead technology direction for EverFi.
- Lead the planning required for all engineering efforts from inception to QA to general release for new products and follow-on releases of current products.
- Provide technical leadership for product and business strategy.
- Evolve a process that fosters innovation and collaboration on the technology team.
- Provide a technical voice in customer, partner and investor meetings when called upon to do so.
- Take full accountability for the success of the development organization. This includes providing the development team with tools and logic in managing their priorities and pressures from external and internal sources.
- Work in close collaboration with Product Management (and other departments) to provide technical solutions that are aligned with the organizational strategy, product roadmap, and product requirements.
- Predict and react to major technology changes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Hire and develop great software engineers.
- Manage the SaaS infrastructure for delivering the software products.
- Manage the engineering budget.
EverFi is passionate about building software that students, teachers and other members of our community love to use. The successful candidate must possess a positive, team-oriented leadership style, be able to grasp complex problems quickly and provide clear direction and advice. The individual will have a reputation as a mentor and advocate to the engineering staff. He/she must be able to attract talented staff and integrate them into the team seamlessly. The VP-Engineering will have a history of developing commercial software products for use in a SaaS environment and managing multiple, parallel product schedules.
The traits of a successful candidate include:
• 10+ years of experience in a software organization in new product development.
• 2+ years of management experience with experience interacting with executive management and managing development budgets.
• Team leadership of engineering teams and track record of building high performance teams.
• Expert knowledge of software development methodologies and commitment to best practices.
• Confidence, humility and a sense of humor.
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate within an organization and achieve
• Strong presentations skills. Equally effective in communicating internally to the organization as well as externally to customers and partners. She or he must be capable of communicating to both technical and business audiences with no fear of speaking their mind, learning from others, and engaging in productive, intense discussion.
A Bachelors degree is required, and a graduate degree is preferred.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to attract a superior candidate including an equity interest in the company.