Provides a variety of unit support functions that contribute to the overall efficient operations of the patient care unit. This position is responsible for preparing, compiling and maintaining patient and operational records in the unit. Performs general secretarial and clerical duties.
1. Perform clerical duties of the unit including but not limited to: receiving admitted patients; initiating patient files; taking action on physician orders; process discharges orders, transfers and expirations; prepare hospital statistical records. May process daily charges and charge corrections.
2. Maintain and order unit supplies and equipment.
3. Manage multiple phone calls and threads of communication. Answer and/or direct inquiries for staff and visitors. May call staff in from On-Call.
4. Provide clerical support for transcription and medical records maintenance.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: ' High school diploma or equivalent required.
' Medical terminology and completion of unit secretary/ward clerk course preferred.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: ' Minimum of six months of clerical and/or secretarial experience preferred.
' Experience in a medical related environment or completed course for unit secretaries strongly preferred.
OTHER SKILLS: ' Excellent organizational and computer skills, including being proficient in keyboarding and comfortable using MS Office applications. Computerized health records software experience preferred.
' Skills in problem solving
' Excellent interpersonal skills
' Good communication skills, both verbal and written
' Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and math
' Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced environment essential
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon,...