Assembler I is responsible for fabricating component parts or assembling the finish product according to the customer specifications.
• Secures and maintains correct component parts and supplies required on the operation.
• Completes work area set up.
• Fits parts together in accordance with prescribed manner and in accordance with quality standards.
• Operates hand tools as required to complete assembly process.
• Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finish product.
• Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
• Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
• Maintains production records as required.
• Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
• Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
• Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 6th grade basic education or equivalent.
• No minimum experience is required; however 6 months of manufacturing and assembling experience is preferred.
• Working knowledge of basic math.
. Must have basic computer skills.
Skills and abilities
• Ability to work in a safe manner
• Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
• Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
• Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools
• Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
• Ability to pay attention to surroundings
• Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
• Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
• Ability to read a tape measure
• Ability to troubleshoot nail gun machines and other similar hand held equipment.
• Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
• Ability to work under immediate supervision
• Ability to pass a drug test
• Ability to work hours mandated by management.
. Ability to work any shift.
• Safety conscious
• Team player and goal oriented
• Open to change and positive attitude
• Committed to plant and company goals
• Participates in Safety and CI programs
• Punctual and reliable
• Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Universal Forest Products Inc - 5 months ago