Space Systems/Loral is the leading provider of commercial satellites worldwide. At the forefront of the aerospace industry, we build some of the world’s most powerful and complex satellites and spacecraft systems. We create innovative solutions to meet our customers growing communications needs, including direct-to-home television, satellite radio, broadband internet services, mobile and emergency communications, and weather forecasting. We support commercial and government customers around the world, including SiriusXM Radio, DIRECTV, Dish Network, and the U.S. Government.
The company’s reputation as a world leader is the result of its unparalleled commitment to performance and reliability, combining today’s advanced technologies with space-proven heritage designs. Hundreds of millions of people depend on Space Systems/Loral-built satellites every day. A career with SS/L could shape your future in ways that you've never imagined.
Space Systems/Loral has export control and security issues that require attention to the citizenship status of every individual who performs work on its behalf. All jobs at Space Systems/Loral require that the employee either be a United States Citizen, Permanent Resident of the United States, an Asylee, or a Refugee. Space Systems/Loral is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior Attitude Control Systems Engineer – Provides systems engineering support with focus on attitude control subsystem. ACS Systems Engineer interfaces between customers, design engineers, product lines, manufacturing, test and operations supporting the design, test and manufacturing support of communications satellites.
• Support the analysis customer requirements
• Support development of system requirements, specifications and verification plans.
• Participate in systems engineering support of design and development efforts to meet customer requirements. May act as task leader.
• Prepares standard design documentation for review by more senior engineers.
• Performs system trade studies and analysis under the direction of more senior engineers.
• Identifies technical problems and recommends solutions.
• Provides detailed reports and recommendations.
• Participates in the development of system test procedures and performs routine system test analysis.
• Supports system level test activities.
• Evaluates systems test data and, based on results, recommends further actions.
• Support operational procedure development and validation.
• Assists in the writing of subcontract deliverables documentation and the evaluation of internal/external vendors.
• Participate and lead system implementation of new customer requirements and product line improvements.
• Participates in Engineering Review boards and proposal teams providing technical input.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, a related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Five years of related work experience. Three years of related work experience with MS degree. With a Ph.D., some related work experience is desirable.
• Familiarity with satellite design and construction obtained through educational training and/or on-the-job experience in a related field
• Understanding of mathematics, physics, and chemistry as they relate to mechanical and electrical systems.
• Familiarity with multiple key subjects: rigid and flexible body dynamics, closed loop control systems, orbital mechanics, spacecraft operations, integration of complex systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft office software applications
Space Systems - 2 years ago