Auto req ID: |
Area of Interest:
00693 Olathe - KS
13370 S Blackfoot Drive
As a brand ambassador, a Personal Trainer (PT) represents 24 Hour Fitness to members and clients by delivering a positive fitness experience and quality personal training sessions leading to member retention and client acquisition and retention.
· Enthusiastically helping create a club climate that supports our purpose: To Improve Lives Through Fitness.
· Executing the 24 Hour Fitness Service Promise; contributing to running a Clean, Friendly and Well Maintained club.
· Upholding 24 Hour Fitness’ core values of A.C.H.I.E.V.E.: Accountability, Connected, High Expectations, Integrity, Energize, Versatility, and Enjoy What You Do.
· Making our clubs Easy to Use by assisting members and clients with education and guidance on comprehensive fitness programs including resistance and cardiorespiratory training, general nutritional guidelines, and nutritional product recommendations.
· Meeting/exceeding minimum monthly company expectations including session service targets resulting in PT revenue and contributing to club success.
· Training exclusively at 24 Hour Fitness. As a 24 Hour Fitness team member, it is a violation of our conflict of interest policy to conduct personal training sessions or perform any personal training-related duties independently or at any company outside of 24 Hour Fitness. This includes working as an employee or independent contractor for another health club, personal training studio or private residence, or engaging in any other activities that represent a conflict of interest for 24 Hour Fitness .
Reports to the Fitness Manager (FM), Assistant Fitness Manager (AFM), or Club Manager (CM) depending on club and market. This position does not have any direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The PT is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
Service and Train Clients [70% of time]
· Create an outstanding initial personal training experience for introductory package clients by executing the 3-session guidelines.
· Prepare and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on clients’ goals that include appropriate exercise selection and teaching a fitness lifestyle.
· Provide general nutritional information.
· Inform clients of the fitness tools available to assist them in achieving their goals.
· Set expectations and hold clients accountable to their comprehensive fitness programs through goal setting, follow up discussions, and tracking progress.
· Demonstrate safe and proper exercise technique to clients.
· Arrive on time, prepared, enthusiastic, and attentive for every training appointment.
Service Members [20% of time]
· Instruct members on proper use of club equipment and exercise techniques.
· Assist, at the club management’s request, in any member service activities (e.g., fitness seminars, boot camps, body fat tables, etc.).
· Understand all aspects and benefits of the Fitness Orientation and deliver a positive fitness experience to members and guests.
· Help deliver on the Service Promise of Clean, Friendly, and Well Maintained Club (e.g., racking weights and assisting in maintaining a neat, organized and clean club).
Administration/Misc. [10% of time]
· Design comprehensive fitness programs using company-provided tools.
· Create, maintain, and regularly update folders for each personal training client, following company guidelines.
· Schedule all personal training sessions, other appointments, and administration time using company systems.
· If primary qualification has an expiration date: Complete IDEA Fit continuing education courses as necessary to maintain the primary qualification.
· Execute other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Understand principles of physical fitness and proper exercise technique.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Adjust and operate fitness equipment.
· Ability to perform a variety of exercise routines.
· Possess excellent customer service skills.
Certifications / Educational Level:
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification required
· Degree in a related field or approved Personal Training Certification (listed below) required
· American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
· Certified Personal Trainer
· Health Fitness Specialist
· Clinical Exercise Specialist
· Clinical Exercise Physiologist
· Cancer Exercise Trainer
· Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer
· American Council on Exercise (ACE)
· Personal Trainer Certification
· Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant Certification
· Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist
· The Cooper Institute-Certified Personal Trainer
· International Fitness Professionals Association (IFPA)
· Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
· Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer
· Master Personal Fitness Trainer
· National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)-Certified Personal Trainer
· National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF)-Personal Trainer
· National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA)-Personal Fitness Trainer
· National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)-Personal Trainer
· National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
· Certified Personal Trainer
· Certified Strength and Conditional Specialist
· World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S)
· Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer experience preferred but not required.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing and walking.
· While performing the duties of this job the team member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
· The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud.
· Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business.
24 Hour Fitness - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....